Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hogle Zoo

We planned a day at the Hogle Zoo. The weather was in our favor. Most of the animals were out and it was not crowded at all. It was a great day.

Nana treated all the kids to a ride on the carousel. I love how excited kids get over these little things. They could not stop waving and smiling!
I never realized how small and {old} this zoo was until this trip. I guess because I grew up with it I have never thought anything of it... but now that I live by the LA ZOO and have been to other Zoo's in bigger cities I have realized... the Hogle Zoo is SM-ALL... and half ghetto and so sad that animals actually live there... BUT in the Zoo's defense they have been working double time to improve the zoo and the quality of the habitats the animals live in - hence the reason I said it is only "half ghetto". :)

BUT... let me also say... we still love LOVE it. And always will. And, the kids had a blast!
 We were so lucky to have my mom come and spend the afternoon with us. Her schedule was more than insane but she still chose to drive down and enjoy a day with the stinky animals... and of course the 8 grandkids that were wondering the zoo.
 Sisters and mom. Love them all. so. much.

 I am one lucky momma. These two are adorable.

No comments: