We started our day off with some beach fun! This was our first trip out to the beach since moving here - and I must say - I think this will be a weekly occurance. We had a total blast!
Clara was thrilled when I let her start the day with my Diet Dr. Pepper.
These boys spent every minute in the water!*note to self... bring snacks to the beach next time.
Both of these boys dads were friends in high school.... I really need to do some recruiting of pictures and see what I can get of the two of them together - because these kids are like walking versions of their dads.
Jackson had to go to the bathroom, but I refused to walk him all the way down to the bathrooms. I tried talking him into going into the ocean - but he HATED the idea. I refused to give in, knowing that if I did it once - every time we go to the beach from here on out he would expect the same. So I carried him into the ocean. Got the waves up to waist line, and held him while he peed down my side. Yes. I held him while he peed down my side, it was a total 'mom moment'.
Melis had some of her cute friends come too. Here are 3 of us lovely ladies trying to re-inact a vintage picture that Wendy was thinking she saw somewhere. I'm pretty sure we got some better ones, but this was the only one that was forwarded to me.
Love this girl.
Catching up on past times.
After the beach we went to the pool to rinse off the salt water and of course - enjoy more lounging in the sun.
Melis had some of her cute friends come too. Here are 3 of us lovely ladies trying to re-inact a vintage picture that Wendy was thinking she saw somewhere. I'm pretty sure we got some better ones, but this was the only one that was forwarded to me.
Love this girl.
After the beach we went to the pool to rinse off the salt water and of course - enjoy more lounging in the sun. Wendy and I were matching in our stipped cover-ups.


And the fun continued... after the pool we went back to Melissa's house and she gave me a brazillian blowout. It is awesome, and my hair feels like SILK! Look it up and go and book yourself an appointment, you will LOVE it!
Thank you Melis for introducing me to how a true Californian lives. You make everything so much, we had a blast with you and 'friend Jack'.
1 comment:
so fun that you had your first beach outing!
i love seeing baby girl in her swimsuit with palm trees in the back( and by baby girl i mean clara... i'm not calling you "baby girl"...although i wouldn't put it past me...)
so glad you could all have a blast while i cried alone in my house singing "all by myself" through my sobs...
Post a Comment