Sunday, August 15, 2010

24th of July Fireworks attack

After the slip n slide we met up with the Millers for our last night out together as neighbors :(

We went to Cafe Rio and then headed to Sugar House park to get the kids energy out. I guess Taylor needed some down time, so he had Jessie push him on the swing. Ha.
The kids loved the swings, Taylor included. After the park we concluded the night with fireworks.
The Miller Family.
We were super close, and Clara was so scared of the noise. I think she thought if she closed her eyes it would all go away.
Enjoying the view.
Like I said, we were super close. We were all enjoying and loving the fireworks (minus clara), when something went terribly wrong. One of the lines was tipped over and the fireworks were being shot into the crowd... directly at US. At first it seemed like a small fluke one - but then one after another they kept coming. Everyone was starting to scream, and according to Jessie I was one of those people. I dove over Clara to cover her up, and I heard my mom yell to my dad, "Peter cover the kids!". Scott grabbed Jack and ran. And of course - I panicked and grabbed Clara and ran too. I hid behind a truck fearing for our lives. I am sure it wasn't too long (although it seemed to go on forever), and it was over. I went back to my family and everyone was freaking out, but thankfully no one from our group was hit. I think all together there were 7 injuries but nothing too serious, which suprised me because it literally felt like a war zone.
Here some of us were, totally in shock.
And our kids... forever scarred from this night - lets hope we make it to another fireworks event without the fear of catching on fire.

It was our last night with Taylor and Jessie as neighbors... and it definetly went out with a bang. I miss their little family so much already. I just might have to bump up my minutes for all the time we will be spending on the phone making up for lost time.

No comments: