Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Island Park

My family did one last vacation before Miles left for his mission. I flew in a little late since I was in CA getting our house ready. We spent driving through Yellowstone Park. It was gorgeous and we saw hundreds of buffalo.

READ THIS STORY:

The next day we went into West Yellowstone. My mom gave each of the kids $5 to spend at the dollar store in town. Clara found this adorable kitty that when you pressed a button on the bottom it meowed. The clerk who was a 20 something year old male, told Judd to put it away or buy it and leave. Judd came over and told me. I thought it was ridiculous so I gave it back to Clara knowing that we would buy it later. The dialogue went something like this:

Clerk: (upset) I asked the father (Judd) to put the toy away or buy it. Your daughter won't stop pressing the button and the sound is annoying!

Me: (calm) We will purchase the toy when we are done finding the rest of the things we are going to buy, I am going to let her hold it until then.


Clerk: (upset) Put the toy back or get out!


My Mom: Why are treating her that way?


Clerk: (very upset) I asked the father (Judd) very nicely to put the toy away because the sound is loud and annoying.


Judd: (calm) No, you did not ask me nicely, you were very rude.


Clerk: (walks around to Clara and takes the kitty out of her hand, looks at me and points to the door and very loudly). You can leave!


The rest of us... still all very calm... "This is a toy store. Why are you working here? She is a two year old. We will purchase the toy and leave. You are being very rude."


Clerk: (loud, engraged and mean) I deal with moronic parents and their kids every day. The sound is annoying the costumers. This is my last summer here, and then I am gone. My grandfather started this store. You are not welcome in this store! I am going to call the cops. Get out now! You are banned from the store!


Us... and the rest of the store walked out. Totally in shock. And pretty sure we will never be going back EVER again. Which is sad, because we go everytime we are in West, it was a tradition... a tradition that is now ended. The others in the store were all on our side - he was a total jerk and lost alot of business that day. PLEASE IF YOU EVER GO TO WEST - DO NOT GIVE THAT STORE A PENNY OF YOUR MONEY.

2 comments:

Roberts Fam'ly said...

Are you serious? (about the penny store) That is ridiculous! I was just there and the man who has owned it forever was as nice as could be. That is so sad. :( It's also sad it isn't really the 'dollar store' anymore. I was so excited to take Kalel and let him pick things out but it's not what it used to be.
I'm glad everything is going well in Cali! Danielle is jealous. :)

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

I cannot believe that! You should call and report him to the owner of the store or something....I'm sure even his grandpa wouldn't appreciate that!