Friday, August 6, 2010

California Dreamin'

WE MADE IT.
Its been an interesting week. Busy. Exciting. Sad. Hard. Fun. Every emotion has been felt and expressed.

We have been doing alot of unpacking - it's exhausting. Especially the downsizing part. I just don't know what to do with everything.

Monday we took a break and went to Disney Land... just Scott and I. It was a total blast!

Scott started school on Tuesday. He LOVES it. Of course this week is orientation - so its all one big party. Catered breakfasts and lunches... lots of hanging out... and super laid back. Real school starts Tuesday, we will see how he is feeling then.

I love our area. I love our apartment. It's small, but I like the layout, and I love that I have less to clean.

There are frozen yogurt shops on every corner!

I have had so much fun exploring and learning my way around. So far, the people are all very nice and traffic is not that bad.

I think this will feel like home sooner than I thought it would... that doesn't change the fact that I will miss UTAH every day and especially the people there - but I am excited for the new friendships and new memories that are ahead of us.

Although I am so greatful that my kids are with my family, and I am able to get organized out here without them... I miss them more than anything.

Things are going well.

5 comments:

R Family said...

So glad to hear that you are settling in. Have fun getting to know your new home.

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

Who do you miss more?Your kids... or me? Be honest...

frozen yogurt on every corner?! Count me in!

The Fuller Family said...

I want to see pics. Im so glad you are liking it. Call me when you get to Utah. Maybe I can come see you and kids before you guys take off.

The Prince's said...

Hey! It's good to hear your move went well. I totally have all the same feelings you're having. Mixed emotions for sure! Good luck, you'll make friends before you know it!

Amanda said...

Glad you made it!