Thursday, December 29, 2011

USS Midway ... San Diego

We left the day after Christmas for San Diego. It was the most AMAZING feeling knowing that we were taking a family vacation, and only driving 2 HOURS!!! We are used to the typical 6 hour drive to AZ and the 9 hour drive to UT. So 2 hours was EASY PEASY! :)

We went straight to the USS Midway aircraft carrier in the San Diego Harbor.
We got some headsets to listen to through our self guided tour. Jackson LOVED it! He was so into it and so interested in everything. Clara was a disaster... big surprise on that one. :) She just kept saying over and over... I want to go to the hotel, when are we done, I am tired, I am hungry, on and on and on. She can be soooo exhausting. 
 Scott and has a big chance of doing dental work on one of these things after he graduates, I kept saying to him, "Are you sure you can live on one of these things for 6 months?" .... Hmmmm.... it sure would be interesting.
 This was the dental area.
After we finished our tour, Jackson took his booklet that he filled out to the information stand, and he was awarded with his own set of wings. He was SOOOO excited, and did not take them off for the rest of the trip.

1 comment:

Melly Mel said...

you are so on top of it. this looks like so much fun!