Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sea World

Our 2nd day in San Diego was spent at Sea World. But wait... let me back up... our 2nd day didn't really have a start to it because we hardly went to sleep the night before. I went to bed feeling really sick. And Scott spend the night up with Jackson and Clara as they coughed the entire night away! To say it was a rough night is an understatement!

But despite the 3 hours of sleep we packed up the kids and off we went.

Of course Jackson is a trooper and despite his lack of sleep he still did great and LOVED every second of our day. But Clara on the other hand... let's just say she was the complete opposite of her brother. It was a rough day for her, like... really really rough. I secretly wished that I could have left her with the concierge at the hotel, not kidding.

Watching the seal show.
The dolphin show. By far my FAVORITE.
Checking out the seals.
 Getting ready to see the sharks. IT WAS CROWDED. There were lines for everything.

 Turkey legs. I have always thought these look disgusting... like caveman / carnivore nasty. And sure enough... they were just as I have always thought... gross. They taste more like ham. There are all sorts of tendons that you are I guess supposed to peel off... but they are impossible to get off, even with a good grip, although with all the grease it was pretty hard to get a good grip on the thing. And the skin was rock hard and really gross. Yeah - not worth the $6.50 they charge for one. Not even worth a $1 -- if by chance they ever charged a dollar for anything at a theme park.
 But despite my disgust for these so called Turkey Legs... my 3 year old daughter loved it. It may have been the only time she was happy all day long.
After the Sham-uu show... which did you know they don't have you say "SHAM U SHAM U" anymore? I was totally depressed... oh, Jackson was sad too. But back to after the show... we put Clara in the stroller, walked down the hill and realized the little monster was out cold. She was exhausted. So Jackson and Scott spent some time playing in the play area, while I sat with Clara and FREEZED MY TAIL OFF... because I forget that even though the weather during the day may be nice, as soon as the sun goes down and the ocean breeze picks up - it does get quite cold. So I froze, while Clara slept and the boys played. It was fun... for them. :)

And then, even though it was only 4:30 ... we left.

It was a darn good thing our admission into the park was completely FREE (just another reason to love the benefits of military). But free admission made an ornery 3 year old, an overly crowded theme park, and 2 nasty turkey legs ... made our day pretty darn fun.

No comments: