Monday, December 12, 2011

Mr. Jingle

This is Mr Jingle. He stays at our house during the day and keeps a close watch on how the kids are behaving. At night, once the kids are fast asleep, he flys to the North Pole and has a little chat with Santa.

Well, a few nights ago Scott and I went to a Christmas Party with some friends. There was a gift exchange and we got to take home a cute little goldfish. We thought it would be a great idea to have it look like Mr. Jingle brought them the fish. So we set it all up. Mr Jingle was holding this fishing pole with fish food next to him, and the bowl with the fish in it was in front of him.

So the kids woke up, and came straight into our room. We sent them looking for Mr. Jingle. Usually they laugh and think what he is doing, or where he is hiding is funny... but this time - it was silent. Scott and I listened from our bed, but still they weren't saying anything. So I asked...
M: Jack, did you find Mr. Jingle?
J: Uh - yeah.
M: Where is he?
J: On the counter...
M: What is he doing?
J: Well, there is a bowl with a fish in it...

Now Scott adds in...
S: Is the fish moving?
J: No.
S: Is it floating?
J: Yeah.
S: Is it upside down?
J: Yeah.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I was dying, I was laughing so hard I had to stuff the comforter into my mouth. This poor goldfish died overnight! I know goldfish don't last long, but I thought it would last long enough for my kids to enjoy a couple days of! Poor Jackson and Clara were soooo confused as to why Mr. Jingle would bring them a dead fish... !?!

Yeah... it didn't quite go as planned. Maybe another time Mr. Jingle will bring a chinese fighting fish... I am pretty sure those last forever.

5 comments:

Justin said...

That is pretty hilarious.

Nikki said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is tragic but oh so funny! Thanks for the laugh.

The Tulett Family said...

Haha! That is hilarious! I want to know who gave you the dying fish. Hilarious!

R Family said...

I am dying laughing right now. When I first starting reading I thought, "oh good, I can see what their elf has been up to for 'ideas'" Well, nevermind on this one. Now our elf certainly will know what NOT to do!

Jacqueline said...

oops! Too funny.

McCall, I got your message about the Macaroni Grill Bread. Nope, that is the right amount of flour. It is a super soft dough and makes a really light bread. If it seems a little sticky, just flour your hands or even a little oil as you shape it!