Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Living Nativity

Our church put together an amazing Christmas production on the Birth of Christ in Bethlehem. They created a mock street of Bethlehem with people that were dressed up and acting as if they lived at the time of Christ's birth. You could walk down the street and talk to the "actors" and they would tell you about what they did and what their life was like.

They also had a petting zoo with goats, sheep, rabbits, pigs, and a pony. My kids LOVED that.

At the end, they had a live performance of the Birth of the Savior. Speakers played music and read from the scriptures as Joseph and Mary acted out walking along the street asking for a place to stay. It went through the whole story of finding the stable, the shepherds, angels and wise men. It was incredible. My kids loved it, and for the first time I felt like Jackson and Clara really understood what happened and felt the importance of it. Clara was obsessed with baby Jesus and was so excited to go up and see him after the show (little did she know he was only a doll).

I love that my kids are starting to understand the true spirit of Christmas and not just Santa. It melts my heart to see their faces light up when we talk about Jesus and his birth.




Ryan, Clara, & Jackson in the stable where Jesus was born. 


This is my cute friend Lisa. I love her, she is so patient and has the sweetest spirit. I am a lucky girl to have her as a friend. 

3 comments:

Jenna said...

That is so awesome! I bet they loved that! That's a great idea. I have never seen a live nativity. :)

Lisa said...

you know what they say about grils with sweet spirits... :) thanks for the nice words! I amlucky to ahve you as a friend, too!

liz said...

i LOVE your hair.. i am dying my hair brown in 2 weeks. hope it looks as good as yours!