We decided to stay home for Christmas Break. My emotions about it have been a bit inconsistent... :) BUT... we have a lot of fun things planned, and after today and knowing what we have coming up, I think I might end up "tear free" this year.
Today was our first official day of break. Both Jackson and Scott are out of school, hoo-ray!
For lunch we went to The Sand Witch in Upland. It is soooo good. For those of you out here, you have to try this place. It is a bit hidden and only open until 4 pm. We loved it.
After lunch we took the kids ice skating! I couldn't believe we were actually going to let Clara put ice skates on... she is already unstable on her own feet, and somewhat of a clutz... but she did it and LOVED IT! Of course Jackson was a pro. That kid has Scott's talents, basically he can do anything, and is good at it almost instantly. It can be really annoying... for someone like me that actually has to try at things.
The skating rink is FREEZING. Before we went, we were describing to Jackson how cold it would be... his response was, "Is it as cold as the cold room at Costco?" Yeah - that is the first thing he thinks of when it comes to cold temperatures. Ha ha.
But back to being cold while ice skating, we were so excited to come home to our Max Brenner Hug Mugs. These are so fun to hold, and not to mention the Hot Chocolate is delicious.
*Thank you Jenna & Dennis :)
Jackson: "Extra marshmallows please!"
After hot cocoa we did one of the funnest things that I am sure my kids will be asking for EVERY DAY for the next 4,376 days.
We brought their mattresses out to the front room, popped popcorn and watched The Polar Express. It was so fun, and I am sure this will become a new Holiday Tradition.
How to be an Answer to Prayer
1 year ago









2 comments:
Looks like you guys are having a blast. Miss you! I think we may do the same and staybhome next year
This looks like fun McCall! I want to do that tradition with the mattresses. well maybe when we can fit them all in a room. ha ha.
Iceskating looked fun. Can I please have your long skinny legs!?
Post a Comment