Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Swiss Days

Most of you know Labor Day is a big weekend for my family. My mom and sister do a booth and my dad puts a float in the parade for his business. We love to go up and spend time with family, shop, and eat all the good food. This years float for the appliance store was so fun. Candice, Adam, and my mom put it together with the cute clothes line and clothes hanging from it: pants, socks, a poodle skirt, t-shirt, bloomers, and the best a giant red lacey bra (props to Adam on the design)!

So we always ride and/or walk along with the float and toss out candy to the people on the sides. Its always been a fun tradition, but we decided next year we are going to do things different. We want to be on the sidelines watching the floats go by. Just about every float passes out candy - the kids on the side had bag fulls - it was like Halloween, but better... no walking door to door... the candy comes straight to you! Jack sat up in the box truck with my dad, Adam, and AJ. It was so cute. I guess everybody that saw them kept pointing out that AJ looks just like his dad. They are so cute. And apparently Jack was waving at everybody like he was the one on display... ha ha.
My mom and sisters booth did amazing! My moms bag were practically sold out the first day. The women were going nuts over her stuff. And Candice had her best year with the Mushrooms. Really - I need to get creative and add something to their booth!

It was a great weekend. I love Swiss Days, although with kids it is much harder to go and enjoy it. If you have kids - try going early in the morning or later in the evening when things slow down. Or, even better, go without them. And also - leave your hubands at home. Scott hates it. He says it is like Disney Land with out the rides and fun things - so mainly just crowds and crowds of people. I guess for a guy that is a pretty good description. Ha ha.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

How fun. I didn't even know about this. I would have totally taken the kids. I love seeing things that other people create, especially since I don't find myself to be a super creative person. Love the float.