Saturday, September 13, 2008

Canning = Messy Fun

I finished the peaches and the salsa. They both turned out great.

The peaches are delicious and I wish I would have done more because the way Jackson eats them, we could go through a jar a day. They were so easy to do... a good start for those that are new to canning.

The salsa was alot of work. Alot of chopping, measuring, tasting and guessing. It worked out and I think it tastes pretty good for a first timer... I guess the real test will be how fast people eat it?

I think I will take a break from canning for now. It's so much work and sooo messy! If any of you have any favorite things you can or recipes that you follow please let me know. Good luck to all you first timers... like myself... it's fun but takes alot of work.

1 comment:

DA pages said...

I canned for the first time too! I decided to can the tomatoes from my garden so I could make salsa, and spagheti sauce later in the year! I had two huge bucketfuls of tomoatoes and it only gave me 7 cans! a lot of work and it took me forever! I need to try peaches though, I should have started off with something easy like that!