Clara:
1. Will not take a pacifier
2. Loves to be held1. Will not take a pacifier
3. Hates to be put down
4. Loves to be wrapped up tight
5. Likes to cry
6. Has a very very fussy time at night
7. Is very nipple picky (recently stopped taking her bottles that I started giving her at 2 weeks! But thankfully a friend gave me some of her bottles and nipples to try and we found one that so far she is liking - keep your fingers crossed she sticks with it!)
Jack:
1. Was addicted to his pacifier
2. Loved to sit in his swing, vibrating chair, and lay in his crib
3. Liked to be left alone
4. Hated being wrapped up tight
5. Rarely cried. When he did, he was so easy to soothe
6. Didn't have a fussy time at night, or any other time of the day
7. Loved just about any bottle I put in his mouth
It's been an interesting ride so far with this little one. I never understood how moms did it with a fussy baby. But now here I am, with my own and we are getting through it. Luckily her worst time is at night and that is when Scott is home with me so we just take turns. He is so great with her and so patient - maybe even a little more than I am. Thank you for all your help babe!
Even though Clara will not take her pacifier, we have found a few things she will take. My cheek. Interesting? Ummm, a little. She loves to suck on it. Although, one time I let her do it a little too long and woke up in the morning with a slight "hickey" on my cheek. Oops.
She also sucks on my arm, and my finger...
Yes, this little girl is different, but very very special and it will be interesting to see what other challenges she brings our way!
9 comments:
boston had a fussy time of night too as a newborn. come 8 pm he would scream bloody murder until he ate again at 10 and went down for the night. the only thing that made him quiet was putting him in the bath... eventually we moved up his bathtime and last meal for the night to 8pm and then put him down, and it stopped! i think that he was just tired. try it. slowly start moving up her bedtime routine and see if you can eliminate the period of fussiness. good luck
sorry about the fussiness! Davis was a no pacifier baby too so I don't know anything different! Her new born pics turned out beautiful!
I laughed so hard when I read she gave you a cheek hickey!! She is so cute McCall!! It's not like I know anything about kids or anything but I've heard it only gets better! I'm sure you'll look back and hopefully laugh at all this!
My two kids were night and day. It keeps motherhood exciting hu?
Oh she is so precious. I just love her. She looks so cute just snuggled up to her mommy like that. Funny that they are so different.
hahahaha! I am cracking up over here about your cheek hickey! That is hilarious!
Aidan was WAY harder than Ava as well, so I felt like I was reading about my life when I read your post. He got better around 6 months old...so there is light at the end of this very exhausting tunnel! Maybe she'll discover her thumb? That might be nice.
You are a much more patient mommy than I am, so I'm sure you will handle it all in stride. But if you ever need to vent-you have my e-mail. :)
That is funny that she will suck on everything but a binki! She is growning though I can tell just by all the pics! I am soo bummed that I missed the swiss days! Every year I tell myself I am going and every year I forget about it. I really wanted to see your moms booth because I have never seen her purses before!
She is beautiful! Some day I will be able to see you and your cute kids!
It's crazy how all babies are so different. Max was more of the fussy baby who liked to be held when he was new. He has always taken a pacifier though and a bottle. He still likes to suck on our arms or his arms and give himself hickies! That picture of her sucking on your chin is funny but cute.
Post a Comment