Growing up my mom always made us a sign on our first day of school. The morning of we would color it while we ate breakfast and then go outside and take pictures. I love the tradition and it is a good way to keep track of each new school year. I decided to carry it on with Jacks first day of Joy School.
We went out yesterday and bought him his very first school backpack. It is a Thomas the Train and he looks so cute with it on. When Scott came home Jack put it on and showed it to him - Scott got all teary eyed. It was so cute. I guess it's just that Jack is growing up so fast and especially with little Clara in the house we realize how much he has grown. It all goes by so quick!
So my little Jack is now gone every Tuesday and Thursday for 3 hours. It is a nice break. I can run errands with just Clara and not have 2 to deal with - or I can enjoy my time at home with just one child - cook, clean, relax - I need this time to gather myself back together. I think it is good for moms to miss their kids, it helps us realize how much we really do love having them around. I know that often times I get stuck in a "mommy rut" and have a hard time feeling grateful for the two most precious things in my life - my kids. But this time away makes me realize the joy they really are and although my life is chaos with them and I rarely have time for myself - they are worth every second of it and I am glad I have them.
7 comments:
I Want to baby sit for you some day soon so let me know
That is soo good that Jack actually wants to go to school! What a nice little break for you! Is he good when he has to go to nursery?
I love that idea and tradition you have of coloring the sign and then taking pics each year on the first day of school. very cute. I am curious were you still doing that in high school? Those are some pics I would like to see! tee hee
i wish you hadn't done that sign. it makes me feel so old :(. but, i am glad you did - at least some of my traditions have moved on a generation. in response to heidi - YUP! we did it in highschool, too.
Hey it's Melanie. McCall I just thought I should tell you how much I love your blog. I always check so keep up the posts. Anyways I totally know what you mean about needing to miss your kids. I take mine for granted so often because I am just always so exhausted. But aren't they just the best thing in the world. I wouldn't trade what we do for ANYHTING!!!
Oh gosh McCall...how awesome is that?! I would LOVE to have Ava in something like that. But here in Texas the only people doing little joy school/preschool things are the Baptist churches....and I'm a little mixed up on that one. He is so cute with his little sign. What a fun tradition! I might copy it. And uh...could your hubs get any cuter..getting teary eyed seeing his boy growing up..how sweet.
I totally agree, it's a good thing to get a break from your kids! I loved having Marshall in school at 2 years. It totally helps with socialization and interaction with other kids. And it's great that he did fine and asked to go back, what a good sign! Enjoy the break and time alone with Clara.
Post a Comment