A new Harmons just opened in Draper. It is about a 10 minute drive from my house, and well worth the drive. It is the most incredible grocery store I have ever been to. It started with a FHE night with some friends. They asked us to go out for Gelato, at Harmons. We went and could not believe how nice it was. They have a little cafe with Gelato - we got some and went upstairs to a lounge that had chairs and couches and talked while we ate our ice cream.
What else makes this grocery store so special?
* They have a kitchen upstairs where you can take cooking classes - that is currently on my "to do list".
* The best selection of cheese I have ever seen. No not cheddar cheese... all the delicious random cheeses that most people have never heard of. I grew up with a mom that was always bringing home a variety of cheese. I loved it, and I love cheese.
* Not only is the selection of cheese amazing, but they have stations set up where you can taste all different kinds. (Yes, like Costco).
* Plus they have stations set up through out the store with different foods to taste. Again, just like costco.
* Delicious artisan bread - and of course the artisan bread goes great with almost any kind of cheese.
It is the cleanest and nicest grocery store I have ever been to. If you have never been - check it out, even if you are not close - it is well worth the drive.
Another fabulous find with Grocery Stores.... The Sunflower Farmers Market! My sister Melissa that lives in Denver told me about it. They have one there and that is where she shops for all her fruits and vegetables. So, I was so excited when I was looking through my mail and saw an add for one that just opened in Provo. I went out the next day and well, I am hooked. It is a long drive, about 20 minutes - but again so worth it!
Why?
* Most of the fruit and vegetables are grown locally. Support your local farmers, right?
* This leads to the next very important factor - cheap! Cheap as in price but not quality.
* Sooooo good. Fresh and delicious.
* Has lasted longer than other fruits and vegetables I have bought other places. I am not sure if this is due to less traveling time...? But my fruits and vegetables have now lasted 1 1/2 weeks and are still looking great.
* Just to give you an idea of price, I got all of this for $30.00... squash, zuccinni, artichokes, bananas, cauliflower, tomatoes, lettuce, apples, grapes, grapefruit, milk, yogurt, and juice. Not bad right?
For those of you that live in Utah around Provo or the Draper area, be sure to check these stores out. Let me know what you think!
How to be an Answer to Prayer
1 year ago
2 comments:
a friend of mine in denver also told me about the sunflower market, then i was in salt lake a few weeks ago and there is one in murray by the mall. i need to check it out... and i had NO idea about harmons. i need to find the closest one to me for sure. i love nice grocery stores! and i am so totally with you on the cheese and bread. that would be worth the drive!
I totally get you on the Harmons thing. I've been shopping there since I was like 2 (with my mom) and I will not shop anywhere else! Is the Draper one the one on 138000 S. or something? If it is that's right by John's work, 1800CONTACTS. But at the one I go to in Brickyard- they take your cart to a drive through and LOAD YOUR CAR FOR YOU!!! Call me lazy but what pregnant lady with a crazy preschooler wouldn't take advantage? And their cheese-totally fondue worthy!
Post a Comment