Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jacksons Spiderman Birthday PAR-TAY!!!

WOW -- what a whirlwind of a day we had! My mom and sister Cami came in town for Jacksons birthday. The night before my mom made me prepare all the food. If she had not been here - I would have waited to do it all... and if that had happened.. the party would have been in B.I.G. trouble. Thank goodness my mom had us do that. It saved our Saturday morning preparations!

So, before Scott left to go study in the morning we hid Jacksons present in the shed. We made him go on a search for it. He had an idea he was getting a bike, but he wasn't totally sure. But wow - the look on this kids face when he saw his bike in the shed was priceless! And I can't believe I got all of it on camera! So cute!
The rest of the morning we set up, finished food, and decorated. I had reserved a bounce house for the party, and didn't tell Jackson until that morning. He was so excited! 

The decorations turned out cute. When it comes to decorating and being creative... I am on the lower totem pole. I kind of gather ideas from everywhere and then throw it all together and hope for the best. So when this came together as well as it did, I was quite proud. Although I could have never done it all with out my mom and sister here - literally - the party would have turned into an extremely chaotic play date with 14 kids destroying my house. 
These boys are in line and ready to get some party games on!
 They each turned into Spiderman!
 And had to climb through the web with out getting stuck!
 Even I had to get through the web!
 Then they had to run through the balloons and "fight" the villains. I had printed out pictures of different Villains and then added in some random guys like: Phineas & Ferb, Spongebob, an Old Lady, Little Mermaid, etc. They were supposed to only get the villains... but it turned into pure chaos and they all went crazy attacking the balloons and eventually they all flew up into the sky.


 Group shot of all the wild boys. Emphasis on WILD.
 Cake time.
 Jackson with each of his buddies.... or "Dudes" as they call each other.
 A million and twenty six thank you's to my mom and sister. You two are incredible.
 My nephew Callum. He is the sweetest, EASIEST, cutest little guy EVER. I can't believe that it has been since he was 8 weeks that I saw him last. I honestly considered giving Cami one of Clara's dolls to exchange him with. I would love to add this little one to our family - if only every baby could be this chill... and CUTE.
 Scott was in charge of filling time at the end of the party. They played FREEZE TAG, HIDE AND GO SEEK, and KICK BALL. Yeah -- all of those games lasted about 2 seconds each. These boys are wild, crazy, and always asking for what was coming next.
And last but not least. Jackson with Clara. This little girl was really struggling through out this party full of boys. She wanted to jump in the bounce house, but was always getting trampled. She wanted my full attention (as always), but I was always busy with something party re-lated. She wanted a red cupcake, but the boys all got the red cupcakes and there were none left. The list could go on and on. 

But at the end of the day. It was her and Jackson jumping in the bounce house with no other boys to compete with. She was finally happy. 

5 comments:

Heidi said...

McCall this is such a cute party! I love the activities you planned and the cake too. Jackson is a lucky kid. Also, I had no idea the teenage mutant ninja turtles were still such a big deal ;-)

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

okay! Now I know why you were exhausted!CUTEST PARTY EVER!!!!!

Nikki said...

McCall!! You are super-Mom! That party looks awesome, Jackson is one lucky boy. How fun!!!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

this is honestly one of the cutest parties ive ever seen! how fun! u are a professional party planner!!!!
looks amazing and like every 6 year old boy's DREAM party!

R Family said...

So fun! Jackson is the cutest. It was so great seeing you guys last weekend. It was too short, again! Hope the drive home was good.