Alright, I am almost caught up!!!! I have been so delayed with all my blogging experiences these past couple months... which is not like me. So hopefully from here out on - I will stay on top of things.
Jackson was giving me a tough time a few weeks back. He is a very observant child and I think that he sees how his friends at school act... in class, on the playground, towards their parents, towards their siblings, and in their homes. And he was bringing some MAJOR ATTITUDE home every day. I always felt like I was battling him - and he just challenged right back. It's not really like him - he is such a good kid and has always been soooo easy! There were some things that happened that literally brought me to tears and caused some long and sleepless nights.
I decided on doing my best at focusing on the GOOD BEHAVIOR... especially when he was honest (one of the big problems was his constant habit of lying... and I gotta say, he is darn good at it). And so, I decided on an HONEST BUCKET. We went to the store and picked out all sorts of goodies, decorated a bucket, threw everything in and then had a good solid Family Home Evening on CHOICES!!!!
I have to say - this bucket has worked MAGIC in our home. It has really help not only Jackson, but me focus on the good rather than the bad.
I also gotta say that I had a really good conversation with my dad about Jackson. I called my dad on his Birthday and although it was super late, and I am pretty sure I woke my dad up - I can always count on my dad to say exactly what I need to hear. He reminded me how important it is to teach him from a young age about the spirit, and how the spirit helps us know if we are making a good choice or a bad choice. And from there --- you pray that he will always have that spirit with him and pray that he will listen to it! I love you dad, thank you for sharing that with me!
Here is the HONEST BUCKET.
Okay - so my friend had a birthday. I made her a delicious chocolate bundt cake and loaded everything into the car to take it to her. I got the kids in, and ran in to grab something -- I came out to this and chunks of cake all over my car. Jackson had climbed into the front seat and didn't see it on the ground - he stepped right on it. Wow. I was so sad. But I was not about to let that cake go to waste - I cute the good half off - put it on a new plate and took it to her - with many apologies and a description of why there was only half a cake. :)
I love this little picture. If you look closely you will see... little Clara's hand out the window. This girl is my sidekick. She comes everywhere with me. Literally - even the bathroom - unless I lock the door, and when I do that she is laying on the ground sticking her fingers under the door. Ha ha. But I absolutely love seeing her little hand out the window when we drive around the valley. I just love how little and carefree it is!
How to be an Answer to Prayer
1 year ago



1 comment:
oh McCall! This post was really great! What a great dad you have. I feel like I'm starting all this with davis too. It makes me want to homeschool him! I will be calling you!
Post a Comment