Nothing in particular to update with... so I am going to ramble.
January was a good month. I am used to January being so depressing... you know... the month after Christmas, freezing cold UT weather, ready for spring. But living in California makes January not so shabby. We have been spending a lot of our days outside... the pool, parks, disneyland... the usual.
I started a lot of new things this month, I guess you could call them goals, although I have never been much of a goal setter, mainly because I never follow through. A few of my changes:
- Make a lunch for Scott to take to school
- Iron Scotts clothes for school
- Make dinner... consistently
- Work out hard. Hard is a key word for me, I tend to get lazy :)
- Eat smaller portions.
- Cut out candy, cake, cookies, ice cream.... all the good sugary treats.
- Enjoy being a mom.
- Be a happy mom in the A.M.
- Read scriptures with the kids.
- FHE lessons
- Date night/quality time with hubby.
I am proud to say that the changes have been made, and stayed consistent through the month of January. I have made Scott a lunch everyday and always make sure is clothes are ironed the night before, it has saved him so much time in the morning. I have been pretty good at making dinner and have tried a lot of new recipes!
My workout. I have always enjoyed working out, but I get tired, and lazy... not gonna lie. Sometimes I get to the gym and only spend 30 min. And that 30 min consists of walking on the treadmill or walking through the weights trying to pick and choose what I feel like doing... not kidding! This month has been great! I have been pushing myself harder than I ever have, and seriously it feels amazing! I am also training for the So Cal Ragnar... ahhh... I am nervous. I am also trying to eat smaller portions, I love the full feeling... like, I need to unbutton my pants feeling, but it's a work in progress :). I am proud to say that I am currently sugar free for 4 weeks! Yay Me!
Motherhood... don't get me wrong I love being a mom. But I tend to let the little things get in the way of really enjoying it. I want my house clean, I need to run errands, I want my kids to stop winning, when is Clara's nap, when is Scott coming home, etc. I just wanted to slow down and enjoy the little things, rain or shine. We went through a week of Clara being sick, it started with a cold/cough and then turned into the flu. I can honestly say that I enjoyed it. We sat and watched movie after movie and just cuddled, it was a nice break from the daily grind. Mornings? Yeah... I am not the best morning person. But, I learned something new... if I can get to bed 10:30... waking up at 7 am... is not so bad. Why did it take me so long to figure that one out?
Scripture reading has been a success. Jackson is obsessed. Really I have him to thank for following through. Sometimes we read 2x in one day because he is so anxious for the next story. FHE... we have always been good at finding an activity to do together, but not so great at the lessons. My mom recently gave all us kids her FHE lessons, they are already put together with activities, displays and everything. They have made doing a lesson so easy! Thank you mom!
Date night... ahhh... date night. Until this month, Scott and I had not been out on one date since we moved here. Pathetic, right! Well... I talked to a few other couples out here and we started a group date night! Every Friday night we take turns with all the kids. One couple stays home with all the kids, and the other couples go out and spend some quality time together! Thank you to my sister Melissa for giving me the idea!
LIFE IS GOOD.
How to be an Answer to Prayer
1 year ago
2 comments:
You're doing so awesome! I have to say... you're one of those people that I really admire for all you do and who you are! I haven't got to hang out with you too much, but every time I have you are so nice and seem so put together. I've taken to having salads nearly everyday too since like hanging out with you. I used to eat veggies a LOT more often, but just started getting busier. Thanks for the reminders about all the little things that matter more. :)
McCall, you sound like you are doing wonderful. I have always been impressed with everything you get done in a day and now it sounds like you are doing even more and learning how to enjoy it. After reading this post I may just have to sit down and write some goals of my own (I could NEVER cut out sugar) :)
Post a Comment