Friday, January 21, 2011

Clara update.

A little about our Clara Rose Randall

- She is 2 1/2 Years Old.
- She still sucks her middle two fingers. But also sniffs her blanket while sucking her fingers. It's totally weird.
- As I sit here and type this, she sits next to me and eats Beef Jerky. Each time it gets stuck in her teeth she makes me pick it out with my fingers.
- She loves her mom. And its weird - but she picks me over Scott 95% of the time. And to be honest, I love it!
- She is a movie-holic. She could easily spend all day in front of the TV as long as one of her favorites is on repeat... Monsters vs. Aliens (she has an obsession with Derek?), Ice Age - Dawn of the Dinosaurs, or Tinkerbell The Great Rescue.
- She is always undressing.
- She has an obsession with flushing the toilet... if you flush it without offering her the chance first, prepare yourself for a meltdown.
- She hates when I do her hair... brush it, comb it, wash it, play with it... I guess she prefers the "homeless, nobody loves me" look.
- When Jackson does something she doesn't like, she says, "Jackson, I am serious!" I must say that a lot.
- She can't say her "r's". And I love it.
- Her blanket "Dottie" comes EVERYWHERE with us. It's really starting to bug me.
- She gets scared very easily. If we tell her an elephant is at the door, she runs and hides. If you tell her an alligator is on the ground and will get her toes, she will start to cry. She hates the dark, and refusing to go into a room unless the light is on.
- The first things she says every morning when she comes into the room is, "Mommy, need pink milk". It's a very desperate tone... I have never made her wait long, but I think she literally might die if she didn't get it ASAP.
- She is a cuddler. I love it.
- If she is eating something that breaks in half... it becomes "broken"... and seems as though the world has come to an end.
- When she concentrates hard on something that she is trying to say, she squints her eyes and usually stutters a few times before the word or phrase actually comes out.



I love this girl. I love everything about her. I love her even when she is tired and practically impossible to deal with - because even then - she is the cutest 2 1/2 year old I have ever seen.

7 comments:

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

i love that girl too:)
her coloring is really impressive, no lie! are those people with legs and arms she is drawing????

Keri Cannon said...

I love all those cute things about Clara! She is so adorable!

The Fuller Family said...

Love the Clara update. So I couldn't say my "r's" too. I miss you guys.

McCall said...

Those are clara's spiders. Obviously... she has an older brother :)

The Rawlins' Fam said...

My Tenley sounds exactly like your Clara which means I think she is adorable too! Truly they could be personality twins. Funny how some girls won't let you touch their hair and all I want to do is braid it :)

Cami and Judd Sweat said...

I love her and i cant wait to see her and you and jack. here is my blog adress so you can link to me and i think that if i get people that watch my blog i will actually update i made my first post today :-). juddcamisweat.blogspot.com

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

I read every single word about this funny girl. I think I've fallen in love with her too!!
Looks like you are livin it up over there in Southern Cali...you lucky girl. Looks heavenly.
So glad things worked out for you guys. really...