Saturday, December 29, 2007

I Love Utah

Growing up I never understood what was so special about Utah. I always wanted to live anywhere but "here". I thought everywhere else was better, more fun, exciting, more beautiful... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!? I feel like this past year my eyes have been opened. Utah is incredible. I drive through Holiday (where I grew up) and I am amazed, it is incredible. I love the mountains, the 4 seasons, the snow, the green in the spring, the color in the fall, the variety... everything - I just love it. Not that other places are not as beautiful and even more so... I mean come on - the beach, a big city, the country... I know there is so much more out there than just Utah. All I am saying is, I have really come to a realization of how lucky I am to be living here right now. So, I guess what brought on all these thoughts on was some snowmobiling we did yesterday. We went up to Daniels Summit, about 10 minutes from my parents house. The whole time we were out I was amazed. Check out the pictures - incredible, right!
We got out a little late, no until about 4 pm... so we were not out for too long because it gets dark around 5:30 pm. But the trails were groomed just before us, so we were the first on them - it was awesome. My dad wheres this funny helmet... he looks likes he is flying a fighter jet or something - it is hilarious. But the helmets really do save you in the cold, it was 12 degrees by the time we left, and with the wind blowing against us as we rode it was really cold! I love snowmobiling. I have grown up doing it. I was hoping we could take Jacks on this trip but it was way to cold. We will for sure take him before the winter is over... it just needs to warm up a little.

7 comments:

Lindsay Taft said...

I'm with you on the Utah thing - it's absolutely beautiful, and through the whole year, too! Looks like a fun trip (the pics reminded me of that New Years trip to Yellowstone a few years back - awesome memories!) I'm sure Jackson will get a kick out of the snowmobile when you're able to take him out...

Ashlie said...

How fun! I love it. I haven't really played in the snow this year. Ok, I sort of did-I went sledding down a hill right in front of a cabin only like...3-5 times. Doesn't count. I need to get out and have some fun!

Alifinale said...

I love Utah too. It is a great place to live and for me visit. Looks like a fun trip.

Congratulations! We are so on the same track - how funny is that. I am jealous that you got to go to lunch with all my family. They are pretty out of control but I love it.

Heidi said...

I think I have always loved Utah but living away has for sure given me a new appreciation. I love exploring new places but Utah may always feel like home. It is a beautiful and great place to live.

Steph said...

aaaw...I miss Utah. I hope we end up back there some day.

DA pages said...

somtimes I just hate the winter, but seeing it in its real beauty really makes you appreciate living here.

Nikki said...

Hey! Do you or Candice know what you're having yet? Keep me posted!