Utah has had some pretty crazy snow storms the past two weeks. We are staying up at my parents house in Heber and have really been hit hard with the snow. Two weekends ago, Brad and Jaime had to come up through Heber to pick up their Christmas Tree (they got a permit to cut it down in the forest). I invited them to my parents to play in the snow and have some lunch before they headed out to find a tree. It was a great start to the day - we had delicous creamy vegetable soup - the kids LOVED playing in the snow - and Jacks enjoyed eating the snow.

My dad talked Brad and Scott into helping him with some things he needed done and in return offered to drive them to where they could cut a tree down - see the snowstorms have been so crazy that Brad would have been up to his waist searching for a tree - my dad figured he could get them up the mountain to a place where he wouldn't have to hike in so far.

We took two cars - my dads very large Ford 350 truck and Brad and Jaimes Expedition. The roads started out "okay" but very quickly became snow packed and icey. As we continued up the road, we came to a hill, my dad said "if we can get up and over this hill we will be fine". Well, needless to say, we didn't get up and over the hill. My dads very large truck lost traction on the hill, and started to slide back, and of course Brad and Jaime were right behind us. As they saw what was happening, Brad tried to reverse his car - he was stuck and could go no where. So we slammed right into them. No one was hurt - besides their car, the front bumper had a good size dent in it. Of course we decided to turn around and head out of the canyon. We got out safe, but my dad knew we couldn't give up at that - they needed their Christmas tree - so we went up a different canyon (a normal highway) and found a place "not to far off the road" where Scott and Brad could cut down a tree.

The day ended with what they came for, and I guess also what they didn't come for - but at least they got their tree, and we all have a weekend that will never be forgotten!
8 comments:
What a story! hee hee Good thing everyone was ok! I love the snow, I miss it during this time of year! I absolutely LOVE your new little family picture you put up, it's adorable! You are all just beautiful. :)
Crazy times driving in the snow! Are all the cars okay too from the little crash?
I LOVE your new family picture! Is it the one Melissa took? Jackson's picture is adorable, too. He is getting so big. So much for the elves, it's way too cold now. Maybe this spring we can do something?
Scary! Love the picture as well as everyone else.
So glad you guys are o.k! I love the new picture. Jackson is getting so big!!!
What fun stories and cute pictures McCall! Jackson is really growing up! We Look forward to seeing you all at the Richards Family Party coming up! Merry Christmas!
(Sue Fitch)
I love cutting down christmas trees. We go up there every year and do it. It's kind of become our family tradition. Hope everything is going well for you guys. We miss you and can't wait until we get your christmas card.
The snow looks so beautiful McCall! Your family is too cute! Jackson is such a stud! I want our two boys to hang out soon! I might be coming up there for a day or two. I'll let you know :)
Post a Comment