Thursday, October 6, 2011

LA Zoo

I planned a day at the LA Zoo with some friends. As we pulled in, I looked across the parking lot and saw Scott. He and one of the other wives husband decided to surprise us, forgo studying, and hang out at the Zoo with us and the kids. It was such a fun surprise!

The kids had so much fun looking at all the animals, pretending like they were some of them, and running around like crazy kids. The Zoo was practically empty - it was a perfect day to be there.

Jackson was having so much fun with his friend Reid. When Scott saw him having this much fun - he actually got a little sad because he realized that we aren't as cool as his friends...  ha ha! But really all Scott needs to do is get on all fours and crawl around like a Tiger, jump like a kangaroo, and roar like a lion... of course all of this has to be done at the zoo. Oh - and never get tired... that is key to being as cool as a 5 year old. :)
 The elephant exhibit is incredible.
 Rach was trying to figure out where we were -- I wonder if the girls were helping... but I am guessing they were more distracting. :)
 The apes. I love how active the apes always are. One came right up to the window - hence all the kids standing at the window waiting for it to happen again. There was even a two week old... SO CUTE.
We LOVE the LA Zoo. It is big, hilly, and there is always something new to see that we have never seen before.

No comments: