Friday, October 28, 2011

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY

We were waiting for this weekend to come for a LONG LONG time! My two sisters planned to come out to California with their families the same weekend. We had a CRAZY, BUSY, and FUN 5 days with their families. My house was filled with kids, toys, food, sand, and laughter! I loved every single minute of it.

We started out with an afternoon at the splash pad. The weather was perfect and the kids had a blast!

The next day I had planned for: some time at the L.A. Zoo, the Observatory, a hike in Pasadena, and a visit to the Donut Man in Glendora. All we ended up doing was the L.A. Zoo & although we were completely exhausted, and were driving home in rush hour, I couldn't resist introducing them to the world of Donut Man. :) I guess the Observatory and the hike will be saved for their next visit! 

I made all the cousins little binoculars. They looked so cute walking around the Zoo and looking at the animals... but Melissa's kids were really confused why they didn't have glass in them... ha ha! Yep, they are "FAKE"... just some toilet paper rolls, felt, and a hot glue gun. 

Friday we met up with my sister Candice and the Neff family at Newport beach. I forget what its like to watch kids at the beach that are their for "vacation"... everything is SOOO EXCITING!

If you ever go to the beach during the OFF SEASON... careful of the seagulls and pigeons. Last year Candice and I were attacked as we walked along the boardwalk with the kids eating donuts... and when I say attacked, I mean literally ATTACKED. We were swinging our purses and waving our arms trying to get rid of those darn birds. Well, that was last year... here is this year...

Clara was eating her string cheese and thought it would be fun to run with the birds...
(What kid doesn't want to feel like "Pocahontas"?)
She made the mistake of wanting to "share her cheese with the birds"... because what was once this...

Turned into this:
*Yes, I am that crazy mom that takes pictures while the birds are trying to eat her child... ha. But seriously, I had to get proof.

The weather was OK... not great, but not terrible. Either way - it did not stop these out of towners from getting wet & wild!

So Saturday... we drove up the coast to Malibu. Scott and I have found the perfect little tide pool cove! We thought my family would like it, and when I say like... I think that is an understatement. THEY LOVED IT! We found lots of crabs, sea enemies, lobster tails, sea shells, starfish, and even an old boat that was shipwrecked and washed up on the sand. It was pretty awesome.

All my visitors.

 We then drove around the point and went to a beach were the kids could actually run and play in the sand and water. It was COLD! The fog was quite thick and was not allowing any sun to peak through. But of course, it didn't stop these crazy kids from getting in and enjoying a day at the beach.

I never went near the water. It was way to cold... I didn't even want my toes to get wet. But of course, I have a husband that thinks it soooo funny to pull me in. And as hard as I dug my feet into the sand, it was no use. He pulled me in, and then bailed. The wave got me, and he ran away dry - not cool.


BREAKFAST TIME! You would think these kids would be exhausted from all our activities... but nope. We could always count on them waking up early... 6:30 am ... RISE AND SHINE MOMS AND DADS!

Sunday night we did Glow in the Dark Bowling! The glow sticks didn't work as well as I had hoped. I need to try the thick ones. But it was a fun idea, and the kids had a blast.
Oh - and if you try this, don't fill the bottles up all the way. They are too heavy to knock over. :) Half would prob be perfect.


Monday was our Disney Day! We started first thing and didn't leave until they closed. IT WAS SO FUN! I was so glad to be there with cousins... it helped Jackson get back out there on rides that he has been scared to do. All of us adults would trade turns going on rides, and although I loved being able to do some rides that I hardly ever get to do... I loved hanging out with little Pete. He is THE CUTEST guy... he even makes me want another kid... which at this point - that is saying a lot! :)

Disneyland and California Adventures was a blast. We could have used another day (or two)!

And that night they left. Now my house is quiet, and generally clean, I don't have to pack lunches every day, and I don't have to cook for 12 people. My floors are mopped, and my kids are in bed by 7:15. They sleep in until 7:30, and Jack actually goes to school. I miss the craziness. Please come back soon.

3 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

What fun visitors!! I'm dying right now over Clara getting attacked by the kids! Wow! I love that picture! so funny!

what a fun time!

Kimber said...

Those bird pictures are simply awesome! Too funny!

Nikki said...

So...when we come stay with you it'll seem like an empty house, right? Just kidding, we're not headed out there again for awhile. Looks like so much fun! I miss all you Richards!!!