10 Reasons why we loved our visit to the zoo.
1. The weather was fabulous! A chilly 65 degrees and cloudy. Not cold enough for snow... but not hot enough to be dripping sweat.

2. Jackson made a new best friend.

3. Kids can be kids. I let them run, climb, and jump on just about whatever they wanted.

4. The zoo was practically empty. No crowds = a less worried mama.

5. Our family membership gives us discounts off food and merchandise. And since I didn't pack lunches, and Scott was "sure" there would be fast food by the entrance.... the kids were pretty hungry.

6. We saw the biggest orangatang! And he climed right in front of us. Clara was slightly terrified. We could not get her to take her eyes off this "big guy".

7. I feel like Scott has had one big vacation. He has been able to spend so much time with us this past week... I am in heaven, and so are the kids! Sadly... today was his last. Tomorrow things get busy again.

8. There were 2 baby giraffes.

9. Have you ever been to the LA ZOO? It is soooo green! It's beautiful.
10. The best thing about the zoo? Each time a new animal is seen, I get to hear not only my kids but my husband try to "talk" to them. Its hilarious. And look around, almost every adult is doing the same thing... and none of us think the other one is crazy for it.
3 comments:
I can't believe we were both at the zoo and never saw eachother!
It looks like you guys had a great time together. Wasn't the weather perfect and no crowds was wonderful!!
We will have to go again this month before our passes expire.
That looks so fun. It's finally starting to cool off here too, hooray! I'm so glad you are liking Cali, we can't wait to see you next month.
HEY!!! Such a cute blog McCall!!! I still can't believe we didn't see each other at the zoo!!! It was such a fantastic day though!!!! I can't wait for the Elephant exhibit to finally open! They say November!!!
Post a Comment