This first collage is from my Grandma's childhood. The two homes that she grew up in. Her Elementary school. Her backyard. A comquate tree. The steps that she took every day to get to school.
*When she was a student at Delevan. World War II began. The students raised enough money to purchase a jeep to donate for the war. When the jeep came in - the Army Men came to her school and took each child in groups of 5 for a drive in the Jeep around the block.
*The house with the carport was also where she lived during World War II. She remembers having to turn out all the lights at night so that "if" the Japanese flew over they would not see a city to bomb. She would hide with her siblings and play "Jacks" by candle light.
This collage is compiled of where my Grandpa Marshall grew up. He was on the other side of Glendale. It was and still is BEAUTIFUL. His house was the white one. The tall gray building was the building they would meet in for their church meetings on Sunday. It was not an LDS meeting house, but rather a Masonry Temple. Again their is another set of steps. I love the steps, I think they add so much character to the neighborhoods.*My grandpa loved hunting for Rattle Snakes. He would catch them and keep them in one of the window wells of their house. One day a truckload of bananas came in, as it was being unloaded they found rattlesnakes through out the bed. The store manager quickly got on the phone and called my Grandpa to come and get them out.
We also spent part of the day at Forest Lawn. It is a very large, beautiful and well known cemetary in California. I know ... I little weird that this is something I am blogging about. I even said to my mom - only someone that was raised by parents that owned a cemetary would really appreciate this. Ha ha.*This is the front entrance. Beautiful right....
This was just part of one day with my mom and grandma. There is a whole lot more to come.

1 comment:
That's really neat that you got to stroll through those memories with your Grandma. Have fun with your family in town.
Post a Comment