Monday, October 11, 2010

Descanso Gardens

After all the driving we did through out Glendale, my Grandma thought it might be nice for the kids to get out and walk around a bit. She knew of a botanical garden that was not far from where we were.

Descanso Botanical Garden. Absolutely beautiful!

We found a rose, called Claire Rose. Unfortunately it wasn't in bloom - but it was still fun to take a picture of Clara Rose by the name of this flower.
They had Koi fish - and the kids oved them.
*Don't ask about Jacksons helmet. He wanted to wear it. I am not sure why. I wasn't going to fight him on it. So there he is.... helmet and all.
Grandma Rose helping Clara Rose smell the flowers.
These spiders were everywhere. Yuck. Growing up way too fast.
Amazing, right?
She was always trailing behind. She had to stop at every bug, flower, rock, and leaf... she loved exploring.
Momma with the kiddo's.
Grandma Rose exploring with Clara.
More Koi fish.
More Koi fish.
Pinecones.
Bamboo tree's.
My mom told Jackson this was the "Hulk Tree". He loved it!
This was the first Botanical Garden that I have ever been to. It was amazing! I am so glad that we took the time to stop and get out and stretch our legs. I am sure I will be back.

No comments: