This is where my mom grew up. It has the most amazing views! It is on the Palos Verdes peninsula. I remember coming here when I was a child to visit my Grandma and Grandpa. I loved it. I will never forget the smells, the backyard view of the ocean, the rolling hills, the trees, the flowers, the swing in the driveway, the garden, the lemon tree and making lemonade, playing in the barn, the smell of the barn, the bookshelves and ladder in my Grandpa's library, the white rug in the family room, the wedding albums in the living room, and much much more.

Every house has to be white. And all the fences are the same.

Just another typical view.

Another one.

Part of the mountain is sliding into the ocean. I know it sounds so weird. But one year after they had recieved alot of rain and a few minor earthquakes - the plates underground started to shift... and continues to do so. You can see where the mountain has slid down. The roads are constantly under construction. And many houses have been lost, or are under constant reconstruction. The pipes are all above ground to prevent from breaking. It is an interesting sight.

I love the trees and the white fences. When my mom lived here everyone had horses. They had some and occasionally would ride them to school... now hardly anyone has horses. We only saw one house with horses and most of the horse pastures are grown in. It was sad to see that change.

This is the driveway into my Grandparents old house.

From the other side of the hill there is a view of the city. I am sure it is gorgeous at night. But I think I would take the ocean view over the city.

This was my moms high school. It too has an amazing view over the city.

This was my moms church. I thought it was so cute. It is so different from the chruches that I grew up going to.
This is such a beautiful part of LA. I know my Grandma has some very good memories here, and I am sure that she misses it. It was so fun to drive around and listen to my mom and Grandma reminise about the good times.
1 comment:
What a cool experience to drive through there with Grandma and your mom! I've been back but not up to the old house - I remember the smell too! But not much else since the only time I was there was when I was 8. I do remember the tire swing. Sad that it's sliding into the ocean.
Post a Comment