Saturday, January 3, 2009

Nutcrackers...

I have to post about this...

Every year for Christmas my mom and dad give us a Nutcracker. In the beginning, it was a little disappointing. I thought there were so many other things that I would have "wanted", a nutcracker was probley last on the list.

But now, five years down the road - I am loving my collection. Which... is why my mom did it in the first place - she wanted to help us all get a collection of something nice going.

So, from right to left, this is what I have so far...
1. A Gingerbread House Man.
Every Thanksgiving my family gets together and we make gingerbread houses for the holidays. It has been a tradition for quite some time and something that I will always carry on with my family.
2. Uncle Sam.
This is what we all got this year. At first we thought it was because of the election, which was a little weird, seeing as none of us voted for Barrack Obama. But actually, it was because the 4th of July is a huge holiday for my mom's side of the family. We always get together with everyone and do something exciting. It's definetly one of my most favorite holidays!
3. The Joker.
My mom thinks Scott is so funny. He is always making people laugh - so this one is for him!
4. The King.
This is the first nutcracker that we all get. It is the King of all nutcrackers.
5. A Jack Rabbit.
My mom got this one for Jack. He is a hopper a jumper and a mover. We got this one last year, he was all over the place then and still is and probley always will be. So really, it's perfect for him.

Thanks mom, I love my collection.

1 comment:

Richards Family said...

hmmm, mccall..... "mothers know best". are ya thinkin' about what you'll be gettin' next year???? i already know.:).