Saturday, January 3, 2009

The AZ

We left for Arizona the day after Christmas. We started off by going out to the Phoenix Zoo. It was fun, a little chilly - about 50 degrees - and really I shouldn't even complain at that... it's a lot better than our Utah high of 25 degrees...

We saw these tortoises... Scott told Jack they were wrestling. Jenna and Clara.
There was a carousel at the end that Jack just had to ride on. And who can resist when you get to see your kid smile like this:
We did our own little Christmas Sunday afternoon. Scott's mom, Lisa, goes all out and we all get pretty spoiled. She is so generous.
Garrett and Kristen.
Baby Davis isn't quite so baby any more... he is all grown up. He talks, runs, laughs, plays... he is so cute. And honestly - looks at those cheeks and lips - I just want to mush him up in my arms.
Jaime and my stylin' little Clara.
Christmas Eve we went out to this great BBQ restaurant. It was extra delish. It was a really fun area, with an outdoor mall, great little sitting areas, and even a place for live bands to play on the weekends.
Every time I go to AZ I am shocked at the endless amounts of shopping areas, they are everywhere. I love it.
No, I am not preg. I just look it in this picture.
Davis is a very busy boy. Scott was holding him at the table - and in less than a minute Davis had a large plate in one hand, a steak knife in the other and soon after the salt shaker dumping salt everywhere. It was hilarious.
Jenna is such a good little mom to him. She even lets him give her "sloppy" kisses!
Davis and Jack with Nana Lisa.
This was to die for, adorable... Davis wanted to hold Clara, and once he had her - he would just cuddle and cuddle - and absolutely did not want to let go.
Davis: "Mmmm... I like babies. Mom don't you think I will be such a good big brother?"
Davis: "No, don't take her away! No! I need to show my mom that I am ready!"
Davis: "I promise I will be a good brother mom. Please give me a sibling, please!
(Uh-oh, Jenna... baby number 2?)
We had so much fun with Scott's family. Thanks Lisa for letting us destroy your house for a whole week!

1 comment:

Chante said...

Looks like you went to Lucille's at Tempe Marketplace...love that place. You gotta love AZ, huh! I think it is a great plan for Scott to go to dental school, he was originally set out to do that and now he is going back to something he will hopefully love. I know it will be a huge sacrifice on your part, but it will all be worth it and work out in the end! Maybe after dental school you guys can come back to AZ and convince Brad and Jaime to come along, too!