I have to say that I am so glad to see 2008 come to an end. This has been a tough year for our family, so I am 100% ready to leave this year behind and move on to the next.
We did have a few highlights from this past year...
1. Getting into our own house.
2. Welcoming our angel into the world! We love you Clara.
2009 will be an adventure for us, and we are anxiously awaiting the changes that are coming with this new year! Scott has decided to apply to dental school again. So even though we just bought our very first house, this spring we will be leaving it behind for a new place to call home! Scott is heading back to BYU this semester to take a couple classes that will help prepare him for the D.A.T., which he is planning on re-taking this spring even though his first go around was an incredible score, it is now 2 years old and we want to do all we can to get an acceptance. This has been a big decision for us, but Scott knows this is what he wants to do and I want him to be happy going to work every day, so I will do whatever it takes to get us there! It will be hard to leave my family behind, leave our brand new house, and leave old and new friends behind.... but I am trying to look at this as an adventure. So an adventure it will be!
I saw this on my friends blog, I thought it was so cute. It's a great thing to keep in mind through out this new year...
A couple other quotes that keep me going are:
"If you'll live like no one else, later you can live like no one else." -Dave Ramsey
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you have imagined." -Henry David Thoreau
"Cynics do not contribute, skeptics do not create, doubters no not achieve." -Gordon B. Hinckley said his father would always say this to him when he was younger.
6 comments:
2009 will be great! We are excited to see where you guys end up!
I love that last picture below with Davis and Clara! We can't stop talking about how in LOVE Davis was. He did not want to let her go! Fun seeing you guys!xoxo
hey, isn't that poster so cute. here is the link at etsy where you can buy it. it comes in really cute colors too! lets try for lunch this week or next. as long as its no major snow storm! i can do thur or fri this week... whats your schedule like?
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5244654
I loved those quotes. They are so inspiring. I agree with you. I am so done with 2008. You guys have so many good things going for you. I am so happy we live so close. xoxo
I am so excited for you guys! Even though you just got settled it will be so nice for Scott to being doing what he loves. We are actually heading back to school too! Quinn is going to get an MBA (we are hoping he gets in to Texas Tech), so we will probably be moving too! So exciting. Good luck with everything, let's hang out before we all move away. Can't believe how big your kiddos are, they are so adorable!
i know 2008 was a hard year for you, but you bore it well. you are an awesome daughter and i'm glad to be your mom. hang in there.143.
Love that sign. I need it in my house.
Post a Comment