Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Morning

Chistmas Eve we spent in Heber with my family. My Aunt Karen, and two cousins Lindsey and Veronica were with us. We spent all afternoon slaving away in the kitchen over our traditional appetizer dinner. It was delicious (as always)! We stayed a little later then I had planned, so I had to make some changes for the evening. Usually - "The Bed Fairy" secretly visits our house and leaves new pajamas on the kids bed. But since we were out too late this year and the kids were asleep by the time we got home, she decided that it would be best to come while the kids were asleep in their beds and leave them outside their door for them to change into in the morning.

Thankfully both Santa and The Bed Fairy were able to sneak into our house that night...

Here is what Santa left Jack:Here is what Santa left Clara:Christmas morning I was sure we would be up by 7:00 opening presents and playing with new toys. Wrong! Jack slept in until 9:00 and Clara was still out cold... but we just woke her up anyways, I wanted us all to be together. And I wanted some good pictures - It's our fist Chistmas at home, okay!?!

Jack loved his wiggle car - he was instantly a pro at riding around and around the kitchen island. Clara loves her jumper. Another toy to entertain - we really can never have enough!He loves his Batman/Spiderman cape. Depending on the side that is showing - that is the name that he goes by. Boys and super heros... it's so fun. I love that Christmas Day - kids are 100% entertained. Their are so many fun new things - they just go from one to the next. Ahhh... it gave me some time to just sit... and do nothing. It was wonderful! Me and my little girl. Love her.
Action Shot. Next to him is his race track that Scott and I gave him. Scott and Jack spent half the morning figuring out which car was the fastest... intresting that a $10 toy for toddlers is just as entertaining to an adult male.
I gave Scott and Jack this remote control helicopter. It's actually very cool. Happy girl - in her cute pajama fairy pj's. Utah has been one big storm after another. But so far - I think it's been pretty fun. Especially when you wake up Christmas morning to this:I think Scott has slightly enjoyed having to shovel the snow. But only because we have hardly anything that we have to do - all of it is covered by the HOA... gotta love a town house.

It was so much fun spending Christmas day at home with our little family!

I loved watching Jackson play with all of his new toys... and hearing him say... Santa gave me this for Christmas. (Like I had no idea!)

I loved staying in our pajamas ALL day long!

I loved not having to do a thing all day... but sit and relax.

I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Jackson and his scooter are hilarious- I can tell he really loves it! Clara is getting big- what a sweet smile ;-)