Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sick & Helpless

It is Sunday afternoon and I am home with the flu. Ugh. Not fun at all.

It has been a long week for our family. Scott and I have always said that we think we have pretty good immune systems - but this week is making me think otherwise. I started out feeling sick Tuesday. It began as a pretty bad stomach ache and turned into feelings of pins and needles through out my whole body. Wednesday night I started feeling better... but then Scott started feeling sick. But he got it alot worse, he was throwing up all night long. The whole time he was sick I kept saying, "I am so sorry, I know exactly how you feel" (wrong).

By Saturday he was back to normal. Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Scott only had to work 2 hours, so we spent most of the day together. That night my parents watched Jack and Clara for us so we could go to the Temple. The Temple was great, and we felt fine. Later that night we were laying in bed and talking about how crappy the "bug" was that we got. We talked about how little we have been sick since we have been marriend and how we are going next week to get flu shots. Soon we both fell asleep, but I woke up only a few hours later to an aching stomach and a few too many trips to the bathroom.

I think what really happened was that we got hit with two different bugs in our family this week. I was hit with a body flu bug first, Scott then got the flu and on top of it the body bug that I had, and then just when we thought things were better, I was hit with the original flu that Scott had.

So now, it is Sunday afternoon and I am laying in bed browsing the internet with some random and not so fun stomach aches and pains. Scott is on his own with the kids. Usually I would consider this a good afternoon (minus the sick part) - but it has not been easy to listen to Scott try to get both kids ready for church by himself, feed them lunch, and take care of me. I feel so helpless.

Husband,
Thank you for taking care of me. This time, I really do know how you feel.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

How miserable. I honestly think it should be a rule that if you agree to become a mommy, you should never get sick. What an awesome husband for stepping up and taking over. Way to go Scott.

Richards Family said...

if only i'd known - i could have spent the night and helped you today. so sorry you're sick. 143

The Stevens said...

Sad!!! I know how that sick and helpless feeling feels! I hope you guys are better soon! Seriously way to go Scott! Especially for the whole going to church with two!

DA pages said...

I'm soo sorry!