Sunday, November 2, 2008

On My Mind....

Day Light Savings.
Yesterday day light savings occured here in Utah. Why do we have this? Well, I know why - but seriously why? It is so frusterating for me to figure out the kids schedules when the times of day are changed. Now Jackson will be waking up at 6:30 or 7:00 am instead of 7:30 or 8:00 am ... and I am going to have to "try" to get him in bed at 6:30 pm instead of 7:30 pm ... I know they are just hours on the clock, but I hate having to readjust schedules to the time change. Also, Utah has decided to "do away" with day light savings, but for some reason is doing it gradually? What is the point in that? Just get rid of it all together.

Pregnancy.
Fear number #1 right now. Getting pregnant! I just had baby number 2. I can't handle an "oops" right now.

Prop 8.
Californians.... Please vote YES! I believe our countries values are on a slope downward (or maybe a plunge downward)... If proposition 8 fails, I believe that both our own and that of our childrens future will change forever. And, let me please state this is a MORAL issue not a racial issue. My wonderful Aunt that lives in California sent me this article. It is one of the best I have read. Please check it out.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/05/california_decision_will_radic.html

Obama.
Ugh. That is all I can say.

The Economy.
Of course we all know the economy is upside down right now. As bad, scary, and frusterating as it is... I personally have learned alot from it. I have learned to be more "frugal" with my money, not necessarily by choice, but that's okay - one can never learn too many money saving lessons.

The Gospel.
Most of these topics all boil down to one thing. The Gospel. Daylight savings really doesn't have anything to do with it. But pregnancy... well, I was talking to Scott about this fear of mine, getting pregnant after I just had a baby... and this is what he said, "If you did get pregnant, it would be our miracle baby. For some reason that baby was supposed to be sent to our family and it had to be now." He had a good point. God has a plan for us - not always do we want to take his plan with a smile, but we do it anyways.
Prop 8, Obama, and The Economy... well at this point all we can do is pray. I was sitting in Fast and Testimony meeting yesterday and a couple of the testimonies were about the state of our country. Each person came to the conclusion that as long we stay near to the Lord and do as our dear Prophet asks we will be comforted. Our country may be in shambles, but we are so very blessed, we have the Gospel.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I have many of these same concerns and they are causing me a lot of stress! Seriously I never liked daylight savings but now its even worse with a baby to get on a new schedule!

The Stevens said...

BABY???!!!!! What??? Has there been cause for concern? I am so stressed out too with all of this and I might add that it is so depressing!!!!