I am a big Oprah fan. I tivo all of her shows and after the kids go down for the night I enjoy my evenings with Oprah! Tuesday she had Dr. Oz on the show and they talked about the Science of Beauty. I found it very interesting, of course I am an esthetician so all this beauty stuff goes along with the field that I work in... but then again, what woman does not find beauty interesting? So here are a few things they talked about on Oprah that I thought I would pass along for those of you that missed it!
Skin Care
Ways to keep our skin young through the kitchen...
1. Stock up on legumes, avocados, soybeans and nuts.
2. Eats lots of Salmon
- Salmon contains carotenoids. Carotenoids are a powerful antioxidant that improves the skins elasticity!
3. Tomatoes Tomatoes Tomatoes!!!
- They contain lycopene. Lycopene protects your skin against sunburns... therefore helps to protect against against aging!
- Eat the tomatoes with a little bit of olive oil and it helps your body to absorb the lycopene.
4. Pomegranates.... yummy!
- Promote collagen. Collagen is the main protein in your skin that keeps you looking young.
- My tip for an easy way to get the seeds out... Cut the pomegranate into 4ths. Fill a large bowl full of water. One by one open the pomegranates under the water and pop the seeds out. The seeds will sink to the bottom and the white part will float to the top. This also keeps you kitchen (and you) from getting stained with pomegranate juice.
Hair
1. Get a charcoal filter for your shower head.
- It takes out the chlorine. Chlorine drys your hair out.
- You can find a charcoal filter at any hardware store or large department store.
2. Keep you hair protected from the sun.
- The sun fries your hair and takes away natural body.
- Wear a hat
- You can also find shampoos and conditioners that protect against UV rays
3. Styling Tools
- Reduce damage caused from heat
- 2 Products were recommended. Citrus Shine Serum, only $6.99 and Got 2 B Crazy Sleek, only $4.49
Cracked Heels
1. Use Stridex Pads, only $5.99
- They contain salicylic acid. This helps to exfoliate off the dead skin.
2. After you use the Stidex Pads, rub on some cocoa butter, Vaseline, or Eucerine to help moisturize.
I hope you enjoyed the little bit of info I shared with you from her Science of Beauty show with Dr. Oz. I know I did!
How to be an Answer to Prayer
1 year ago
4 comments:
Wow. Thanks for all the tips. I feel like I owe you money for a free consultation. JK
Hey McCall! I found your blog and now I can stalk you! Thanks for the tips from Oprah. I just love that Dr. Oz. Too bad I have to work during her show!
Hey McCall, I watched it and got some great beauty tips. So my favorite was the lady that scrub her acne skin with a body scrubby and anti-bacterial HAND soap. I bet you cringed, I know I did! :) Hope you're doing good!
Very interesting! Thanks for the tip. I'll have to start recording Oprah now too!
Post a Comment