Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Swimming

Our new place has a big swim and tennis club that we are THRILLED to be a part of. They have a pool area with 3 pools; 2 kid pools that is 1 1/2 feet, a children's pool that is 3 feet, and a lap pool that is 5 feet. It has been perfect for Jackson and get this... he begs us to take him swimming! Yes, he begs! Right after I had Clara, Scott would take him to the pool almost every night when he would get home from work. A couple weeks ago, I started to join in on the fun and just this last week I started to take him by myself during the day. I thought having him and Clara by myself at the pool would be a disaster but it was actually amazing! We go during Clara's nap, so she sleeps the whole time we are there. Jack plays with the other kids or by himself and I layout on the side... mmm.... I relax... get a suntan, Clara is asleep, and Jack is entertained... what more could I ask for?!?

I love this picture of Jack. He loves to jump onto his tummy. It looks like he is on top of the water. And really, I think he has quite good form... are we looking at a future diver?No, I am not trying to get my 5 week old a sun tan! How could I resist putting her in this little swimsuit? She is always completely covered up and in the shade when we go out - but she has to be dressed for the occasion! Come on - she is a girl!

11 comments:

Nikki said...

So cute! I'm glad Jack finally likes the water, it must be nice for you. Clara is adorable, I can't wait to see her in person!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! She looks a lot like I remember Jack when he was a wee one....only she is more beautiful like I said:)

DA pages said...

So I think that just from some of the pics of clara that she looks like she is a Richards!She is soo beautiful! I think she looks like miles did when he was a baby! I have a feeling that Jackson might be a future diver too! That is cool that you guys have a pool in your complex!

Amanda said...

WOW! I am so jealous. There is nothing better then a good kiddi pool! And how nice for you to get a break (sort of).

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I love that pic of Clara. She is so petite!Cute swimsuit!

Ames Family said...

It was so fun to play last week. We need to get Tate, Jackson and Andrew swimming together.

Hinton Family said...

Can we come? Can we come? It looks like so much fun and Andrew asks to play with Jackson. I am so glad you get a break because life gets crazy with 2 kids!

The Roe Family said...

oh man i wish we were there to play with you. i totally need to get connor in swim lessons holdin two kiddos in the pool is not fun.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Hey cute girl. I have such fond memories of meeting your mom a couple times. She instantly became one of my favorite people- and I'm sure it helped too b/c she looks like Candice's twin! Speaking of the devil, how is she?
Your sweet baby makes me melt. What a precious little thing!! I WANT ONE!

Jessica said...

Oh she is so little and so sweet. I love the swim suit too. That is the best part about having a little girl...dressing her up.

Richards Family said...

terrific picture of clara. isn't it great they make cute clothes for the littlest ones so that you can ooh and ahh over them? dad and i are so glad that jack is loving the water - we never doubted for a minute that he would - just look at his dad and mom!!!
- mom