But I have to say, life with two kids is a little different. I feel as though I am sleep walking through my days - doing everything on auto pilot. I wake up (not that I wasn't just awake all night long, but I guess I get in a few hours of sleep...), get Jack breakfast, change diapers, feed Clara, change diapers, put on kid shows for Jack, crash on the couch, feed Clara, change diapers, get the kids dressed, clean the house, feed Jack lunch, change diapers, feed Clara, put Jack down for a nap, clean the house, hopefully get a little cat nap in for myself, feed Clara, Jack wakes up, change diapers, start dinner, feed Clara, change diapers.... ugh... around this time I am counting down the seconds until Scott comes walking in the door so that Jackson can get a little bit of attention from somebody for the day!
As you can see, my days are filled with alot of the same things over and over and over again. So, needless to say... when my mom cooked for us, or the ward brought us meals, or my Jaime made us dinner I was very very very thankful!
I know things will calm down. I am starting to work Clara into a routine which will really help - especially with all the sleep deprivation going on a night... let's just hope that she is a fast learner!
Now for the good things... Jackson is doing great with his little sister! He loves to help give her baths, he is always offering endless amounts of kisses and hugs, he loves holding her on his lap, and holding her hand while she sleeps. He is so patient with me its amazing. Sometimes I wonder if he is really just a 2 yr old. When I am stuck on the couch feeding her and he wants something, I explain to him that I am feeding Clara and I will help him when I am done. He simply says, "Okay Mommy", and goes back to playing with his toys. It is amazing!
Clara is also doing great. She has her good days and bad days, good nights and bad nights, but she is calming down more and more each day. Less crying and more contentment. In the beginning I was really worried that I was going to be hearing alot of crying for the next few months - but I am starting to think that it was just the newborn in her. She seems to be a happy baby and I think things only get better from here on out.
Both Scott and I already feel so different with a girl than we did with Jackson. Scott says that with Jackson he wanted to toss him around and play with him, but with Clara he feels much more protective and feels the need to be more gentle.
I am really enjoying the second time around so much more. With Jack I was so anxious for him to do the next thing... smile, crawl, walk, talk, ect... but with Clara I really want to savor every moment, every expression, every little thing she does I want to last forever. I am much more comfortable with her - I know what I am doing - and I know what to expect next.
10 comments:
Okay I was a total mess right after I had MAx so I was soo grateful for all the help with meals and everything. I can't even imagine how I will be with two!!! Clara is so tiny I love it. ANd Jackson has such a darling face- so fresh!
Jackson is so cute with Clara. You are lucky he is such an understanding little boy. It sounds like his momma raised him right. I hope things continue to get better with Clara and her schedule. Good Luck!
oh how i remember those days. life will get easier! they both are darling. jack will be such a good protector of his little sister.
This is Alicia Tullis Hinton if you didn't know. Anyway, so life gets better. It may take awhile but my life is actually easier than when I had just one. My two boys are beginning to play together and I can get more done. My baby is now nine months but as soon as Clara can sit up they can begin playing. Hang in there, I know it is hard. You have darling kids
McCall she is so beautiful!!! Jack is so cute with her and I think there is some of you in her!! :-) Your days sound crazy but I promise they do get better. Call me if you need to vent. I wish I was there so bad!!! Love you all and give her kisses from me!
yep! those meals really matter! it's amazing how out of sinc you feel at first with two. you are a GREAT mom - i should know i raised you. hang in there. take it one day at a time - and i'll keep coming and getting jack whenever i have time.
On that note, I think that I'll just stick with one. ha ha. There are some days when I think I could handle two, and many days when I know that I could not. However, your baby is so darling that I might just have to have two???
Oh I can't wait to get my hands on her. She is so tiny! She looks so so little in that bath tub. jack looks great being your big helper! Good Luck! You are doing a great job being a mother!
I'm so glad to hear Jackson is doing well with a new sibling. That's what I'm most worried about (well, that and that this one will be a crier). Are you coming to Grandma's to see Chris on the 23rd? Hopefully we'll get to see you and Clara then!
McCall! I go out of town for 6 weeks, and you had your little angel!! I LOVE this post-it was cracking me up. Clara is SO SO SO cute. I loooove that picture of her sleeping in the pink outfit in one of your newer posts, the one where she is all curled over in the most uncomfortable but darling position. She is beautiful. So happy for you guys. And of course you are out hiking and boating already-you are a rockstar. And looking gorgeous as ever...making the rest of us new moms of 2 look like fattys. Love ya for that. ;) I hope you are doing great! I have a little gift for Clara and I'm in Utah but Aidan is sick, so I can't come by to bring it. I need your address!
Post a Comment