Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Boat Ride

What kind of mom would I be if I didn't document about Clara's first boat ride?

We went out Saturday night with my family. The water was a little choppy and as the sun went down it got pretty cold. By the end we were all wrapped up in sweatshirts and blankets and had the heaters on.

We had Jack wrapped up in one of my moms hoodies. Me being the scatter brained mom that I am these days, forgot to pack his sweatshirt. Nice. Jack loves his aunt Cami.
Still in the sun - my mom, Jack, Me and Clara. From what I could tell Clara loved her first boat ride. But what newborn doesn't love the sound of the engine and movement of the boat? All I can say is - she was born into our house - she better be born a boater!
That night we slept over at my parents house and spent Sunday with the family. We had a big dinner with some friends of ours, ate too much food, and relaxed and had a great Sunday afternoon.
Adam, AJ, Clara and me. Can you believe how much AJ looks like his dad? I love when little boys look just like their dad!
How do babies sleep in the most uncomfortable positions?
This is Grandma Rose and Clara. This is who I named her middle name after. We love you Grandma Rose!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh she's adorable! I can't wait to see her. How's Jack adjusting? I want to hear all about life with 2 kids. I'm scared!!!

DA pages said...

Clara is sooo adorable! Of course she has to go on a boat ride! It's in her blood!

Amanda said...

I love that you forgot Jack's sweatshirt. Why is it that when a new baby comes us moms turn into a scattered mess.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

How fun! I want go on a boat ride with your fam someday! Clara is so teeny tiny! Have you picked a date yet for her blessing??