Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Projects!

Yesterday was filled with a variety of Christmas projects. My sister, Candice and I spent the day doing one thing after another, it as alot of fun!
We started out by making "Baby Block Christmas Trees". They turned out sooooo cute! Its basically baby ABC blocks that you hot glue gun into the shape of a tree, and then you decorate it with minature toys. It takes a while to collect all of the decorations, they can be hard to find. We started looking last Christmas and then went out again this year to find some different things. If you are interested in doing it, check out Zims, they had a pretty good selection. Other than that, we pretty much looked in every Christmas store we went to. But, Jacks loves to look at it - he could spen hours just spinning it around and pointing out all the different decorations - its really fun! Our next project was Christmas Stockings. My mom and I made mine last year and Candice wanted to do some this year. Mine are the stockings above, I don't have a picture of hers - but they turned out really cute!

We then "attempted" to make sugar cookies. I say attempted because they turned out horrible!!! I was so sad. I have made these before with my sister-in-law Jaime and they are by far the BEST sugar cookies I have ever had. I was so excited to make them and for my family to taste them - but yuck! Something went wrong with the frosting (which is what makes these cookies) and they were a disaster. Sadly, we threw them all away. Oh-well. I will try them again sometime this holiday break, hopefully next time they will turn out better!
This last picture is from the Sub-for-Santa that we did this year. We did the shopping and wrapping on Monday. And obviously from my previous post you can see how much this means to me.

Its been a fun week. I love the Christmas Spirit. I love the family traditions. I love being with family around the clock! I hope yours have been as good as mine thus far!

7 comments:

cutie pie said...

so cool that you have a blog too. i'll have to read through it slowly when I get a chance. hope you guys have a great christmas. *raquel

Nikki said...

My mom made one of those block trees forever ago and still puts it up every year. How fun that you made one! I will have to do that next year, they look so cute. Where did you get the lazy susan to put it on?

David said...

Sad I wish I could have been there with you guys!! Looks like you had a ton of fun!!

Heidi said...

What fun ways to spend your week- I cannot wait to not be in an office all day everyday!

Melly Mel said...

Geez! You guys were busy! I have never seen that baby block tree. What a cute idea. Those cookies look delish! I wish I was there now so we could play and decorate cookies. You are such a cute mom McCall!

Amanda said...

I may have to copy your baby block tree! That is so cute. Love your stockings as well. You were really busy! I hadn't read your previous post until now, but I love the giving side of Christmas, it really is what makes the season special. Thanks for sharing your story.

Chante said...

You guys seem so crafty. I'm jealous. I need someone to do crafty little projects like that. Maybe next year I can make stockings. I think I say that every year! Too bad about the sugar cookies. They are such hard work and that they didn't turn out....