Chistmas Eve with my family is so fun. We have alot of traditions that I look forward to through out the entire year. One thing that we just started a few years back is sledding at Soldier Hollow. It is so fun! Basically - you sit on your tube and are attached to a pully the pulls you up the hill (can't complain about that), and then they have trails you slide down on your tube.
This is Scott on his tube riding up to the top. Hoo-ray we don't have to walk!
We were shocked to find that Jackson HATED the tubes. He is usually quite the thrill seeker, but not with this! Although he did love playing in the snow with his dad.
Ready to go!
Jackson loved jumping off the ledge. He will jump off anything - but not play around in a tube... weird, right? Maybe in a couple years.
Some other traditions we have on Christmas Eve... we spend hours in the kitchen making some of our favorite appetizers: stuffed mushrooms, chicken wontons, shrimp, and a ton of other really yummy foods. We all sit around eating for, way to long and then .... suprise ... the "bed fairy" comes to our house and leaves new pajamas on everyones beds. We usually end the night with everybody sleeping on the floor in the basement and we all fall asleep to a Christmas movie. So fun! I love our traditions, I can't wait to start creating our own with my family next year.
3 comments:
I love Christmas Eve too- I think my family has more traditions that day than on Christmas. Last year at Christmas we went to a similar type of sledding place up in McCall, Idaho (with Ben's fam). It is a lot of fun!
Ok, this looks too fun! Derek and I are both jealous of these pictuers, we miss the snow tons! Isn't it funny how kids are totally unpredictable? Not liking the tubes? That's funny. Kind of like Ava coming out Christmas morning and saying "cool" when she saw her bike and not squeeling like we thought she would. Funny funny!
I'm totally jeolous, too! That looks like a blast!
Post a Comment