Where did you meet your husband?
In provo. My roomates were friends with his. He was always over at my apartment. But when I found out we were both divers... that is when we really connected. So cute.
In provo. My roomates were friends with his. He was always over at my apartment. But when I found out we were both divers... that is when we really connected. So cute.

What is the first thing you said to your husband?
I don't remember the first thing either of us said. But he did said some pretty funny things when we were getting to know eachother.
conversation #1:
McCall: "Umm, no."
Scott: "Good, my sisters were."
(i am STILL trying to figure out what that means?)
conversation #2:
McCall: ... la la la la... (singing along to a Jimmy Eat World song) la la la...
Scott: "You know Jimmy Eat World, how do you know who they are!?!"
McCall: "I had a boyfriend who was into them".
Scott: "Oh."
(i don't think he liked my response. boyfriends = touchy subject)
(Scott grew up going to Jimmy concerts in Mesa, I think his "1"
claim to fame is hanging at Jimmy's house after a show. Maybe he thought only people in Mesa knew who they were???)
Yeah - Scott was a little "funny" (sometimes i like to say nerdy), when we dated. He had just got home from his mission one month before. He was still pretty fresh.
Where was your first date?
This is funny: the day after we kissed he met me at the mall during my lunch break (I worked at Robyn Todd), and we ate at Subway. He even payed for me. So sweet.
Where was your first kiss?
My apartment. We met up at Fall Fling at BYU, he came back and watched a movie (we really watched the whole thing, it wasn't until after the movie was over that we kissed). But the funny part is, he pulled the... I am going to get up and go, but then quickly turned around and planted one on me. I think I was laughing inside, it wasn't quite as smooth as he hoped it would be.
Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?
Courtship: I don't know if you would call it long or short. We dated on and off for 1 year. Engagement: short, just 4 months.


Where did you get engaged?
In my backyard. It was so sweet. He was living in Mesa, I was in SLC. He surprised me by flying in and showing up at dinner (I was supposed to be meeting my Grandpa). We then went back to my house and the whole backyard was decorated, It was amazing! Of course, my whole family was in on it, so they were all watching us from the windows. It is so funny to hear them all talk about watching Scott get down on one knee. And my little brothers comments when he saw us kissing... "Ewwwww Dad, they're kissing!"
Where did you get married?
Mesa, AZ. Temple. October, 18 2003.

How did your reception go?
We didn't do a reception. We had a beautiful dinner with close friends and family. It was incredible. Perfect for us, I loved it!

How was the honeymoon?
We spent a few nights at a beautiful resort in Scottsdale. But, Scott was an athlete at BYU and was in the middle of his training. We had to get him back to practice. I think we are still waiting
for the honeymoon get-a-way.

*i thought this was fun. if you did too... tag - its your turn!


5 comments:
I did not realize he was so fresh home from the mish when you guys met. That is good times. The cheerleader "coversation" made me roll. I am glad you guys found each other!
soooo cute! your dinner/reception was beautiful. come visit me soon!
Awww .. This is sooo sweet! I never really heard how you guys met! I have to say that I love you music selection and it was scary how similar our taste is in music. I actually have some of those songs on my page!!! Glad to see how you guys are doin' ...
<3 Jacquelyn
This seriously was the cutest thing I have ever seen! I wish I could do it... but it looks like I won't be filling one of these out for YEARS. I feel so special since I got to see you guys date up at school. You two are adorable.
I have an idea, since I will be there soon, why don't you guys let me watch Jackson so you guys can have a mock-honeymoon? I didn't know you guys didn't go on one. We'll have to fix that somehow.
SO CUTE! Thanks for sharing!
Hey McCall I just read your little story... How cute was that. You two are such a darling little couple. I didn't know you guys were both divers! Cool pic. ~Lars
Post a Comment