Monday, September 10, 2007

My Sister Visits!

My sister Melissa came to visit last week. She is living in Denver, which is not too far (its about an 8 hour drive), so thankfully she comes to visit quite a bit. She came in Tuesday night and stayed until Sunday afternoon. We spent the week doing crafts and trying to get our boys to be friends... at their age (3 and 1 1/2... not likely). We went to the lake Saturday morning. The little ones LOVE the boat. By the end they were all sound asleep - so cute! Saturday night we watched the BYU game. We were soooo sad to see our team loose! Better luck next game.

Jackson loves the cats at my parents house. The white cat that he is holding puts up with the kids pretty well. We think she secretly likes the torture.
Kids always LOVE my dad. He is so sweet and tender they can never get enough. You should hear Jack everytime we see a big truck (my dad has a big red one - in the background you can see it), whenever we drive to Heber (he knows that drive all too well), as we pull up to the Heber Appliance store.... he yells "pa pa, pa pa"... he gets so excited to see my dad. It is soooo cute. Below: Henry and Jack are playing football with papa.
Scott was supposed to buzz Miles head - instead Miles ended up with a sweet mow-hock/mulet. I think Miles thought he looked pretty tough. What is it with guys wanting to have a mulet? It is so nasty.
We did some really fun crafts. We made some really cute picture frames that were all over swiss days. I had no idea they were so easy to make until my sister-in-law Jaime told me how. They are so fun and look sooooo cute when they are all done. We also made these really cool FHE boards. I will post more about those later.
My mom has a lot of the train tracks at her house. Jackson loved playing with them. I think I am going to have to get him his own set for Christmas.

Henry loved the feel of the wind in his face! Melissa's little Jetta Jane is 6months and such a happy baby, it is such a fun age.
Me, Cami, and Jack.
It was so cold. I can't belive Miles and Scott actually got in the water. Boys always think they are so tough! They were fun to watch surf. In the picture Miles was starting to fall out of the wake so Scott threw him the rope, I think it just about ripped his arms out of their sockets. Note to self: don't try to catch handle when boat is moving faster than you.
I am so lucky to have such an amazing family. I had so much fun with them all week. Melissa, I love that you are so close and we get to see all the time!

2 comments:

Melly Mel said...

Seriously, I want to come visit NOW. You guys have so much fun all the time! I would love to come see you guys. You should meet my sister. She's pretty fun herself. So I'm super bummed but I didn't get the chance to see Jenna and Dennis. So sad. I wish I did but Davis is almost 3 months and we can do our girls week! We need to plan that one out soon! I'll let you know when I'm heading up there. Love you girl!

Steph said...

McCall! How are you? I saw you on my friend, who I'm guessing is your friend as well, Krystal's page. You have such a sweet little family! I cannot believe how big Jackson is getting, he is just adorable! We moved to Texas about a month ago from Provo, and we are adjusting. We miss Utah though. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Hope all is well! Our blog is dekeandsteph.blogspot.com Keep in touch! Fun to see all of your sweet pictures. :)