Friday, September 14, 2007

FHE Boards

When I was little my mom had a Family Home Evening board that she used to teach all of her lessons. Every time my sister, Melissa, comes to town we talk about making one for each of us to have - but always failed to get around to it (they are quite a bit of work). Finally, we did it! It took us a while to figure out where to get everything, we ended up at a few different places... Home Depot, JoAnns Fabrics, and some metal place in Salt Lake.

So here is how they work - There are 4 sides. A white board, a magnet board, a flannel side, and a side with plastic pockets to hold up word strips. You can set it up all different ways... whatever works best for the lesson that you are teaching. And then to carry it... you just fold it up and there are handels to hold it with. It really is sooooo awesome!



I am so glad my sisters were so persistant in finding all the materials and getting it done. I kept saying I thought it was way too much work. But, I am so glad we did them. It will be so nice to have for FHE... now I just need to get going on making the lessons!

8 comments:

Laura Lu said...

That thing is awesome McCall! Hey I love your blog and all your fun pictures. You little guy is so stinkin' cute. What a beautiful family! Take care ~Lars

Heidi said...

O man, I wish I had known about this like a week ago! I am on the enrichment committee and every fall we have a "Super Saturday" with the RS where we make crafts all day long. Everyone has expressed interest in wanting to make a FHE board but no one knew a design that wasn't super expensive (and made out of wood) so we were not able to shcedule one in for this year. YOu are so crafty, that is great.

The Roe Family said...

so cute you could sell them and i would be the first to buy one. so any trips planned to arizona? i think we are stayin down here for christmas maybe thanksgiving not sure so if you need a break from driving let me know

Alifinale said...

That is very cool! I am way impressed. I want to make one...someday.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I want one! Hey that can be your new hobby! :) Making them for all of us! Your house looks way cute too! Can't wait to see it in person.

pinkmorning said...

oh my goodness! i was so excited to stumble across your blog. i am friends with your sister Candice and i have met you a couple of times(we went to SVU for the same semester) i did a search on swiss days because i was looking for something i saw while i was there and i found your blog. you have such a cute little family. i love that FHE board. i would also buy one if you ever decided you wanted to sell them. i love crafty things, but i buy most of mine...fun to get an update of you and your family. i am going to show my sister this blog because she would go crazy over that FHE board too!

Steph said...

So fun to hear back from you! I'm glad you guys are doing so well. I love this FHE board you made, I think I'm going to make one! Just as soon as I finish the last 10 projects I've started. heehee One question: have you tried that elf makeup, and do you like it? I haven't heard of it, but it seems like a way cool deal!

R Family said...

Super cool! You need to show me how to make one. Did Scott ever give you that folder of FHE stuff?