Swiss Days comes every year to Midway, UT. And, it is soooo much fun! It is Midways celebration for their community. They have a variety of vendors that set up booths and sell different things. Everything sold supposed to be homemade. Although, some of it is not. Oh-well... we love it all anyways! My mom and sister did a booth last year and were accepted to do it again this year (you have to apply). My mom and her friend make the cutest! handbags. My sisters husband has a ceramic mushroom company (they are the best yard decorations!), so she sells those. And, my aunt joined in this year with some beautiful vintage little girls dresses. It is so much work for all of them... but always worth it, they come out with quite a bit of cash in their pockets. I wish I had a talent to execute that would put cash in my pocket too... but I guess I am better at "putting" the cash in other peoples pockets than my own... I am just sooo giving! ha ha.

I went up and "tried" to help set up. I think little Jack and I got in the way more than anything, but we had fun spending time and pretending like we were part of it.

This was their whole booth once the set-up process was complete! So cute, right!

The dress above is one of the many amazing vintage dresses that my aunt made. They were all so adorable! Everything she puts on them is top of the line... I wish I had some little girls to dress them in!

Jaime and I dragged the kids and our husbands up with us on Saturday. I think they thought we were insane... but it was still fun. If you live in Utah and have never been to this event, you have to go next year. They do it every Labor Day weekend, the Friday and Saturday before Labor Day. The booths have a ton of great things you can't resist buying so make sure your pockets are well supplied with plenty of $cash$.
3 comments:
so fun! next year i'm coming up for swiss days for sure. and your family is so creative i don't have that talent. have you seen the movie stick it? it is so dumb but mike and i are watcing it right now and he is so mad ha ha. but the girl in one of your first pic with her back towards you (one of your sisters?) well not to be mean but her belt looks like her buttcrack! kinda funny i was laughing.
Gosh, that sounds like a better idea for labor day than anything we do down here. Swiss day, the sweetest! I love that dress. WHat a cool idea. It looks like you had fun. Yeah, I know, I totally want to move there. Steph and Camille are itching for me to go there next semester and I think peer pressure might get me. That would be the coolest to see you guys almost everyday. Our boys would be BESTEST friends.
WHATEVER! I was going to go, but ended up not really feeling like going...so I didn't. We went to the BYU game instead. If I would've known your mom was doing a booth there, I would have gone for sure! Dang it. I will have to make the trip next year.
Post a Comment