I have never been much of a reader, although I have always wanted to be. I love reading but have never made it much of a priority in my life. So, this past April I made a change and read 3 new books. They were all fantastic.
The first one I read was Night, by Elie Weisel. It was a difficult read about the Holocaust. It was difficult in that it was extremely heart breaking to read about the details of what went on in the concentration camps. I know I have heard most of it before, but it always seems to break my heat no matter how many times I hear or read about it.
The second book I read was Come Back, by Claire and Mia Fontaine. This was a fantastic book about the relationship between a mother and daughter and the trials that they both go through as the daughter struggles through her teenage years. I felt it helped remind me what it was like to be a teenager and what it might be like in my future as the mother of a teenager (not something that I am looking forward to).
The last book I read was on behalf of Melis Abernethey. Live to Eat by, Joel Fuhrman, M.D. It is basically a diet book on how to live a healthy life. It really helped put into perspective my daily habits (which I realized are not that great). I have not taken on the diet completely, I don’t know if I ever will. But I definitely have taken on the ideas behind the book and in doing so have noticed a big difference in the way I feel through out the day.
I am so happy that I accomplished my goal of reading 3 books this month. I am starting my first book for May and look forward to completing my goal once again!
6 comments:
Wow! Three books! McCall, I'm so impressed! That's awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed them all. I'll have to get the other two you mentioned. I'm also glad that book "Eat to Live" has helped you feel better. I'm here with my parents and put them all on the diet. If anything, I hope they can learn to eat healthier. It is so hard to stick to but it helpful to know the info he teaches you in his book. My sister-in-law just read "Twilight"... and she can't stop talking about it. She read that one and the sequel in two days because it was that good. I guess some mom wrote it that graduated from BYU. You sould check it out sometime :)
I cannot go to bed at night without reading, I have pretty much always been that way. It's my luxury in life, my time to unwind and learn and sometimes enter another world.
To echo the above post, I also recently read Twilight and the sequel and they are great!
You are an over achiever! 3 books! That is great that you made that goal. Those books sound great, thanks for sharing!
Hey I love your new picture on your blog! Your hair and dress are beautiful!
Okay seriously McCall, you are so gorgeous!!!! I love that new picture! You are always dressed so dang cute! And your hair looks awesome! You should make some money modeling on the side!:o) No, but really, I want to grow up and look just like you! Have you seen the pictures from Candice’s wedding yet?
Hey, that's so great that you read those books. I need to borrow them from you.
Post a Comment