Tuesday, May 22, 2007

LAKE TIME

One of my most favorite things about the summer is going to the lake. I basically grew up on a boat. My summers were always planned around lake trips; whether is was to Lake Mead, Lake Powell, Idaho, or a 15 minute drive - our family was there. I am very excited to say that our boating summer is here. We went out just the other day with the potential to get into the water - but when Scott and I realized it was a whole 68 degrees - we passed.

Jackson was born a boater as well. Thankgoodness! Scott and I think it is because I waterskiied until I was 4 months pregnant... my OBGYN said it was okay as long as I would be careful, and don't worry, I was. I don't think I fell that whole summer. Jack just hangs out. The water and feel of the engine seem to calm him down and most of the time he falls asleep. My mom said I was the same way when I was younger - so we do have a few things in common...?

He also liked wearing his sunglasses. I thought the sunglasses / pacifier combination was hilarious.

That same day I also took Jackso for a little ride on the 4-wheelers at my parents house. He was a little nervous in the beginning but seemed to warm up towards the end. Needless to say - we had a really fun Saturday. There are so many fun things to do here in the summer, I look forward to all of our adventures!

5 comments:

Steph said...

How fun! It sounds like you had a really good weekend! I love going to the lake with your family! They are the best! I think the sunglasses / pacifier are funny too, but he is always so cute!

Heidi said...

How fun- I grew up the same way with boats! It is SUPER hard to not live by family anymore (and therefore no boat)

Alifinale said...

I love the lake! Oh how fun! I am so jealous!

Jessica said...

You guys are so awesome. We love outdoor stuff too. I love your long hair. I don't know if I told you that before. Jackson is a little pimp sporting the sunglasses. Love it.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I wish I was there for that fun weekend! We miss you guys!