Monday, May 14, 2007

Carrer Change

It is interesting how we THINK our futures should be, and suddenly we are exposed to what our future IS going to be. Scott and I always thought we would be going to dental school. We have worked and prepared for it, we have $payed$ for it! and we have $saved$ for it. With that being said, the past few months we have realized our future is not what we thought it would be.

We will be staying in Utah and Scott is going to work with his brother Brad in appraisals. In the beginning this was a very difficult decision to make. It was hard to walk away from something we have worked so hard towards. But our feelings continued to turn us away from dental school and towards appraisals. Since we have made a final decision and actually said it out loud, our choice has never been more confirmed that we are headed in the right direction.

Scott and I are so excited for this "new" future and what it holds for us. We are so glad to stay in Utah with my family and by Brad and Jaime. Scott can't wait to work with Brad and get going on his future. Thank you Brad and Jaime for moving here and giving us this opportunity! I hope we are not the only reason for your difficult move.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Good luck with this new path you guys are pursuing! Lucky to stay in Utah ;-)

Steph said...

McCall, thanks for sharing this. I am so excited for you guys to not have to wonder what the future holds (as far as dental school). I am sure Scott and his brother will be very successful in the appraisal business. I am so happy for you and I wish you guys the best of luck! You and Scott are great together and you always make the best of every situation. I am so glad you get to stay in Utah and be close to family, what a blessing.

R Family said...

Hooray! We couldn't be happier about you guys staying here. Thanks for taking such good care of us since we've been here.

Unknown said...

Good luck to you guys. We are in the same situation right now..We thought we were going dental and now we are working on figuring out the other way we are going to go. It's a BIG decision!

Grace Ryan said...

I'm glad you guys came to this conculsion. What a blessing it is that Brad moved to Utah. It's so hard to make a decision. Since Ryan's been in law school, we've had our hardest times since we never see each other so there are many times I wish he went to work instead of grad school but I know this is what we are supposed to do. I know threw prayer you guys are doing the right thing. I'm so happy you guys figured it out. Nothing is worse than wondering if or when you'll get into certain schools! Now you can make more Randall Babies!!! :)

Marcus and Jamie Yetter said...

Congrats on your releived and lighter minds! It is crazy what a stress it can be trying to make a decision! We know too! I am happy for you guys and wish you the best of luck! Loves!

Nikki said...

McCall, i think it's great that you are reading more. I have tons of recommendations, if you ever need one. I am also glad to hear you'll be in Utah! We should take the boys to the zoo or something fun this summer! Talk to you soon,

Nikki

I also updated my blog.