My sister was in San Diego for a wedding with her in-laws and Scott happened to have a long weekend off of school. So we packed up and drove down with the kids. I didn't tell my kids that we were meeting their cousins. We pulled up to a random house and Jackson asked, "What are we doing here?" I said, "Oh, I think we know the people staying here." He was so confused when he realized who it was. He just looked at me with an awkward grin and said, "Why didn't you tell me AJ was here?" HA HA. It was funny - not really the reaction I was expecting. But totally funny.
Sunday while all the Neffs went to church. We decided to be rebellious and take a scenic walk along the coast line. We brought the kids scooters and it is super hilly so they were totally out of control.
As we were walking/chasing our kids on their scooters... we noticed a grassy area where people were feeding the squirrels. I had a purse full of pretzels so we pulled them out and Alvin and his friends went crazy for them! It was so fun feeding them. Clara is an animal lover and was absolutely obsessed. She could have stayed there for hours!
I was hoping the pretzels would work as bribery for a song or two...
After feeding the animals we hiked down to the water. If we had been a few hours earlier there would have been some great tide pools. Instead we just found a whole lot of CRABS. Clara loved them and kept trying to touch them.
Jackson was TERRIFIED and stayed as far from them as possible!
Jackson looks like he is having a blast here - but really he is about to pee his pants. He wanted away from the water and crabs... he is my paranoid child, 100% paranoid.
I love this picture. It makes me feel like my kids trust me. I love being a mom.
It was such nice afternoon. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place an enjoy all the our FATHER IN HEAVEN has created for us.


1 comment:
i love that last picture too! So cute. That is a framer!
Post a Comment