Monday, July 9, 2012

4th of July!!!

Did you know the 4th of July is one ofymy most favorite holidays??? IT IS! I love love love it. It stems back to when I was young, it's always been kindof a big deal in my family growing up. So - the tradition continues - and the fact that Scott serves in the Military for our wonderful country only makes this holiday that much more of a "BIG DEAL" in our family!

The night before I sent Scott to the store so that I could make my mom's famous CARAMEL POPCORN. It is tradition that we always had it... of course it should be eaten while at the Oakley Rodeo with the smell of horse manure in your surroundings.... but INSTEAD we ate it in beautiful Souther California, surrounded by palm tree's, while watching an amazing fireworks show. Just a little different from what I am used to, but I can roll with the changes. :)
I love to get my kids all dressed up in the RED WHITE and BLUE!
 They were so excited to wear their new outfits, they woke up at 6:30 am. Wow - awesome.
 We started off the morning with our church at a Stake Breakfast. A few "Proud To Be An American" talks were given, and some beautiful music was played. We filled up on pancakes, eggs, sausage, and OJ. The kids ran around on the grass and played football. It was fun, even though I left feeling 5 lbs heavier than when I got there - and the food filled day was only beginning.

After breakfast we headed out to a parade in La Verne. The parade wasn't anything special, but the cute neighborhood was TO DIE FOR! Everyones houses was all dressed up for the holiday. I loved the patriotism I felt there. I hope wherever our family puts roots down (in the far far far future)... will have some major love for the country.

After the parade we went swimming. You would think my kids were born in a swimming pool - they are total pool rats. I LOVE IT.

 After the pool... yes there is an after. This day was FULLY PACKED.

We headed our for a BBQ... food, never ending food. And an awesome fireworks show.



We had such a fun day! My kids were EXHAUSTED! As soon as the fireworks ended Clara was begging to go home. She was d.o.n.e. Jackson was tired, but would never admit it... that kid can go forever! He had so much fun that on our way home he asked, "can we do that again tomorrow?". I think we had a successful day. Happy 4th!

No comments: