Monday, June 25, 2012

Thank goodness for business....

I was on cloud nine when my mom called to tell me that my dad had business out here in California and she was going to tag along!

We had almost a whole week with my mom and my dad joined us for the weekend. We did a lot of swimming and lounging... heaven if you ask me. My mom and dad had the kids over for a sleepover at their hotel one night! It was so fun for Scott and I to have a night to ourselves. As soon as my mom was out the door with the kids... so were we - we were on our way to the theaters to catch a movie! The next morning I slept until 10 am. Honestly - I can't remember the last time I have slept that long. It was so nice!

On the weekend - Scott took Jack and my dad to an Angels game. It was Jacksons first baseball game. So my dad took him out to guy a mitt. They come got it all ready - and Jackson has not stopped playing (and asking) to play catch since.




We have an obsession with Handel's. FRESH ice cream within walking distance from out house. It really is not great for my hips. But holy moly - this place is delish. My parents love it too.

 And then it was time for goodbyes. I hate them... but I am getting used to them. And the way our future is looking, California might be the closest I ever live to family so I better get used to dropping people off at the airport, watching them drive away, hugs and tears (mostly tears), and Skype.

Thank you Mom and Dad for taking the time to visit us and working us into your busy life. We love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

family visits are the best! We need to get together asap! Crew and Hudson keep asking when they can play with JAckson and Clara!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

love these pics! Jackson is so grown up playing ball!