Wow... to say things have been busy is an understatement. So -- here I am almost 1 month of no blog posts and I am trying to catch up... I have always told myself that I would never fall behind on my blog. But here I am totally behind. Darn it!
Well, here is my attempt at catching up. I am doing it all in one post... missing a few fun things in between - but here are some "major" events!
Scott and I took a trip out to Catalina! Just the two of us! It was so relaxing. We spent the day on the Island and then stayed at a hotel in Anaheim just to wake up and spend the morning acting like 12 year olds at Disneyland! We had a blast!
We went snorkeling at "Lovers Cove".... oh la la! Ha ha. It was actually very very cool. Tons of fish! But thank goodness for these full body wetsuits, the water was FREEZING!
Jackson finished Kindergarten. His last day was filled with games on the field. A DJ glow in the dark dance party. Tie Die shirts. And a Luau lunch party. WOA! It was such a fun day.
Jackson with the "Hermosa Husky" Mascot.
His sweet teacher. I am going to miss her so much. She was fabulous! She gave the sweetest talk to all the kids at the end of the day - and of course was in tears through out the whole thing. Most of the parents were crying too! I can't believe he is done with Kindergarten and moving on to First Grade! WHAT?!?!? Please, make this growing stop!
We went to Arizona. We always love spending time with the Randalls. Jackson and Clara love their cousins soooo much! We did a lot of swimming and celebrated Memorial Day with fireworks and ate our hearts out with some delicious BBQ!
I ran my second half marathon. I am so glad I did it - but wish wish wish I would have trained harder for it! It was hard and not very enjoyable. But that is only because I was lazy and didn't train - next year will be better! :)
I had the best cheering section!
Scott is back in school. Boo. BUT he had a day off and so we headed out to the beach! It was a GORGEOUS DAY! This day will always be remembered in my book. It was just our little family and it was so fun.
Scott and Jackson played a lot of baseball - it is Jacksons most favorite sport (for now).
A huge string of seaweed washed up on shore and it was FILLED with baby starfish!
We had so much fun exploring the sea weed and looking for sea creatures!
The kids loved playing with Scott in the waves. He seriously is the BEST dad ever.
Jackson was putting his whole head under the waves as they would crash in.
And the kids loved playing on the lifeguard stand.
Life is crazy busy. I am loving summer. We have fun things coming up. And hopefully I can stay on top of the blog journal of ours!
How to be an Answer to Prayer
1 year ago








2 comments:
What a fun family you are! Loved looking at your pictures. Where did you get Clara's swim suit?
Emma - We are so excited to see you guys! The other day we had a surprise for Clara and she kept asking if it was Bonnie. Ha ha! So cute! Clara's swim suit is from DownEast. They have some cute little girl swimwear - you should check it out!
Post a Comment